The power of prayer - please
  Re: (...)
This last weekend was set to be such a memorable weekend. Our good friend Francois was coming to visit from PA, our other friends; Bill, Susan, and Jerry were coming for a pizza party to celebrate Francois' visit. And frosting on the cake - we were going to see our first Granddaughter (I hadn't seen her since she was a baby) and our Great Grandson!

In the middle of all of this excitement Jennifer's Staffordshire Bull Terrier (Starfish) took exception to one of our Pugs being between her and Bob (with a pizza coming in off the grill). Bob, Jerry and I managed to break up the fight. I've got two good sized holes in my finger, Jerry got bit worse than me (he was supposed to be holding Starfish's leash - but had dropped it)and Bob got scraped. Daisy the pug is fine - a lot of bruising in her belly - but she's on and I are on antibiotics and will be okay.

We had also noticed that Frodo (another Pug) was acting strange so we took him to the vet on Monday too. He's still there unable to urinate on his own and our vet (God bless him) is trying so hard to find out what's wrong. We could use some prayers for our little guy - that perhaps it was just an injury and will heal quickly so he'll be okay - otherwise the Vet is talking about it being something so serious there's no way to cure it.

I know how powerful the prayers here are, so thank you all in advance! Daisy, Fancy, and Walter are all trying to figure out where their little buddy is
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: The power of prayer - please by Harborwitch (This last weekend wa...)
Oh Sharon, I know all your little pugs - don't know who the hell is who, but I'm so sorry any one of them has to go thru this and his momma & poppa also.

You know the prayers and good luck charms are all being offered up for the little guy!!! Let us know.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Sharon, I'm so sorry your memorable weekend turned out otherwise, although it's still memorable, just not the way you wanted it.

Sending good vibes your way, hope it's speedy!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: The power of prayer - please by cjs (Oh Sharon, I know al...)
Ya know---our pets are closer to us than family sometimes. They seem to understand our moods better than we do.

Best wishes for the safe return of your pug to healthy status---sure sounds as though he is in good hands.

My thoughts are coming from far away---hope it helps for a quick recovery!! (in a small way)

Take care of YOU, too!!! Let us know, please??
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
Sharon, I echo all the thoughts and sentiments already posted here. Our pets are family, too. I know mine is. I hope your vet finds out very soon what the problem is and that you will have your baby home very soon. Take care of your bite, too.
Vive Bene! Spesso L'Amore! Di Risata Molto!

Buon Appetito!

Linda
  Re: Re: The power of prayer - please by Roxanne 21 (Ya know---our pets a...)
Prayers are on the way for your baby Sharon. Bless your heart, I know how much you love those little ones.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: The power of prayer - please by bjcotton (Prayers are on the w...)
Thank you all so very much! We appreciate all your prayers and good wishes.
  Re: Re: The power of prayer - please by bjcotton (Prayers are on the w...)
Prayers are going out for the pugs. I hope all turns out well. Take care of yourselves too. Animal bites can get nasty.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: The power of prayer - please by esgunn (Prayers are going ou...)
You are all great. They think Frodo [Image: IMG_5598.jpg]
finally pee'd on his own this afternoon! We'll know more in the morning - and he more than likely can come home! Prayers work - thank you all so very much

Here are the majority of the "family"; Bob, Susan, Jerry, Francois, Bill, and our adorable Alexis.[Image: IMG_5604.jpg]
  Re: Re: The power of prayer - please by Harborwitch (You are all great. ...)
Loved your photos Sharon, Lovely family, and dear wee doggy. So pleased to hear of the unassisted pee. We look for the same thing in newborn babies, their mummys, sick children and our beloved pups. I prayed for her kidneys, ureters, bladder and urethra, since it is hard to know just where sometimes. I have to keep Lizzies dogs away from ours too, or else there will be such a battle, ours are so old, but still think they are kings of the Forest. Hers are young, and ready.

It may not have been a puncture wound, but heavy bruising in that area. So delicate really. Looking forward to how things are going.