Tried 2 of the many posted recipes here -
  Re: (...)
Hi
just wanted to let you know I made dinner for friends and
made the Cantaloupe Salad posted by cjs it was a big hit
I served tawny port in small glasses along with the salad

also I brined the Pork first - was great

Made the Pork Loin by Old Bay and had to turn down the heat of the spices for us. - but it was great will
be doing this again.

Thanks again for sharing all the great recipes.

Marye
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.
  Re: Tried 2 of the many posted recipes here - by mjkcooking (Hi [br]just wanted ...)
Glad you liked it. It's always nice to get a good report!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Tried 2 of the many posted recipes here - by Old Bay (Glad you liked it. I...)
I haven't had a chance to make Bill's recipe yet, but glad you liked it and the salad. When I first saw the salad recipe, it sounded like a strange combination, but we really liked it.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Tried 2 of the many posted recipes here - by Lorraine (I haven't had a chan...)
I haven't done Bill's yet either, but is on the list...

Glad you liked the salad - it's a great one for the summer.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tried 2 of the many posted recipes here - by cjs (I haven't done Bill'...)
Jean, when did you post the salad? I want to look it up.
  Re: Re: Tried 2 of the many posted recipes here - by Old Bay (Jean, when did you p...)
Here you go, Bill.

http://www.forums.cuisineathome.com/ubbt...=true#Post35751
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Tried 2 of the many posted recipes here - by Lorraine (Here you go, Bill.[b...)
It's always great to have reviews of recipes posted by others here-----remember the good as well as the not so good reviews are welcome--we thrive on that!!! Thanks for yours, mjk

I'm waiting for the melon to show up on our shelves. Bill's recipe is also on the to do pile---seems as though that pile keeps growing and growing and growing....don't ya love it?? !!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Tried 2 of the many posted recipes here - by Lorraine (Here you go, Bill.[b...)
I noticed the melon recipe before and forgot it. I won't this time!!Italian/Oriental fusion---vellly interesting. Duly copied.