Perfect Pasta - Pasta Primavera Review
  Re: (...)
We made the Pasta Primavera with orzo from the C@H Perfect Pasta book last night. It was excellent! I've been looking for recipes to help use our harvest, this one calls for cherry tomatoes, which we are very long on. In addition, it has broccoli, yellow pepper, onion, asparagus, and peas. The sauce is really pasta water thickened with goat cheese. We added about a pound of shrimp as suggested. It was refreshing, easy and quick. It is now on our pasta A list.
  Re: Perfect Pasta - Pasta Primavera Review by HomeCulinarian (We made the Pasta Pr...)
Thanks for the review, HC. I'm long on cherry tomatoes too!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Perfect Pasta - Pasta Primavera Review by Lorraine (Thanks for the revie...)
If you have this book, Lorraine, and you're trying to use your cherry tomoatoes, we also recommend the Chicken Linguinie with candied tomatoes on page 30. This was a novel way of cooking them (for me anyway) with a Delicious outcome!
  Re: Re: Perfect Pasta - Pasta Primavera Review by HomeCulinarian (If you have this boo...)
I forgot to include the calorie count for the Primavera. Wihouth the shrimp, it is only 299 calories per serving, 10g of fat. Low guilt, high taste!
  Re: Re: Perfect Pasta - Pasta Primavera Review by HomeCulinarian (If you have this boo...)
I have the book, but forgot about the chicken one. Thanks for the reminder!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Perfect Pasta - Pasta Primavera Review by Lorraine (I have the book, but...)
We're due for a Pasta nite - haven't done it since the weather is grilling weather!! Now, which to make....

Ooops, easy choice - one is 15 points and one is 6 points...

P.S. Even tho we were on the road for a month (meaning no treadmill - somehow could not fit the dang thing in the trailer), and the time getting back up to speed on it once we were home - I finally weighed in this a.m. for the first time since we left - and I'm still down 2 lbs since last weigh in - TOTAL 11 LBS.!!! Good for me! And I have not felt the least bit deprived.

I just may play with the 15 pointer - goat cheese flavor goes so far, maybe try 2 oz. instead of 4 oz.......
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Perfect Pasta - Pasta Primavera Review by cjs (We're due for a Past...)
Way to go, Jean. :trophy:

I am playing with all of the recipes lately and I truly am not disappointed with any of the results.....I will get on my bandwagon again---everything in moderation!! (so far, so good). Gonna check out those recipes too---YES!!! I have the issue--YIPPEE!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Perfect Pasta - Pasta Primavera Review by HomeCulinarian (We made the Pasta Pr...)
Jean, CONGRATS on the weight loss! Here's to continued success!

Here is a family recipe for a pasta sauce using the cherry tomatoes. It is one of our all time favorites!

PASTA POMODORINI

Cherry tomatoes have a way of multiplying in the garden when your back is turned. The more you pick, the more there are. This pasta sauce is an excellent way to use up that abundance of tomatoes. It is especially “pretty” if you have red and gold varieties.

YIELD: Serves 4

INGREDIENTS:

12 oz. (3/4 pound) spaghettini (thin spaghetti) or spaghetti
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
1/4 cup sliced garlic
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 pint small cherry tomatoes, crushed between your thumb and forefinger
sea salt
1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, torn in 2 or 3 pieces
Parmesan cheese

DIRECTIONS:

1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add pasta.
2. While the pasta cooks, heat the 1/4 cup olive oil in a large skillet over moderate heat. Add the garlic and cook until the slices are golden and crisp.
3. Add pepper flakes and cook for 30 seconds.
4. Raise the heat to high and add the tomatoes. Simmer briskly to soften the tomatoes and to thicken the juices, about 3 minutes. Season with salt to taste.
5. When the pasta is al dente remove about 1/2 cup of the pasta water and reserve. Drain the pasta and return it to the warm pot, OFF THE HEAT!
6. Add the sauce and basil and mix well. Add some of the reserved pasta water if sauce seems dry.
7. Transfer pasta to a warmed pasta serving bowl and grate Parmesan cheese over top.
8. Drizzle with more extra-virgin olive oil, if desired.
9. Serve immediately.

NOTES: Make extra sauce. Stores well in frige. Excellent for freezing.

Buon Appetito!

Linda
This is an excellent recipe, I've made it many times. I think I reviewed it once upon a time, I'll go back and check.

Very very good.

The pasta primavera sounds good, too, will have to put that one on the list for the kids to try.

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Perfect Pasta - Pasta Primavera Review by cjs (We're due for a Past...)
Quote:

- I finally weighed in this a.m. for the first time since we left - and I'm still down 2 lbs since last weigh in - TOTAL 11 LBS.!!! Good for me! And I have not felt the least bit deprived.

I just may play with the 15 pointer - goat cheese flavor goes so far, maybe try 2 oz. instead of 4 oz.......

Congrats, Jean! Time for a treat, go for it!!

PJ
PJ