Asian Pork Sandwich
  Re: Re: Asian Pork Sandwich by labradors (Man, those Chinese w...)
I made Steamed Chicken buns a while back from a great little book (I think Lorraine and maybe Billy have it also) Heart Smart Chinese Cooking, by Stephen Wong. They were wonderful!! Must do this again.

A recipe for Hoisin sauce - I've never made this before, thanks!! And welcome to the forum.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Asian Pork Sandwich by cjs (I made Steamed Chick...)
Quote:

A recipe for Hoisin sauce - I've never made this before, thanks!!

That WOULD be interesting. I've always just used the stuff from the jar. I'll have to do some looking around to see what kind of hoisin sauce recipes I can find.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Asian Pork Sandwich by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
VPS, welcome! Thanks for the recipe. I love it when I've got pictures to go with it. Like Labs, I have always used the jar stuff and my family is not too crazy about it, so thanks for the recipe. Being able to play with the flavors, I'm sure I'll be able to make a better product that my family will like.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Asian Pork Sandwich by Gourmet_Mom (VPS, welcome! Thank...)
Ah! I had missed that the recipe at the link had the recipe for hoisin sauce. I kept looking at the recipe posted in the message, and just couldn't see why you all were thanking for the hoisin recipe! LOL!

After so other searching, I see it's identical to most of the other ones, including the one from CD Kitchen.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Asian Pork Sandwich by labradors (Ah! I had missed th...)
Thanks for the props. I was having trouble finding a recipe for Hoisin sauce as well so I did a google search and found a few recipes. I don't remember which one I used exactly but it is probably a combination of a few of them. Homemade Hoisin sauce is indeed divine. I make quite a bit of Asian food and I find myself adding in a dollop of homemade Hoisin sauce just to add a little interest to the dish.
  Re: Re: Asian Pork Sandwich by VPS (Thanks for the props...)
Just checked the pantry and I have everything on hand!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com