Weeknight Menu's Vol 2!
  Re: (...)
It is now for sale on the C@H home page!!!! Just saw it advertised.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Weeknight Menu's Vol 2! by esgunn (It is now for sale o...)
Thanks, Erin.

When are those 3 five yr olds going to turn six and start school? (Back to school coming up, just curious-and nosy, I guess!) The first day of school for my oldest, now almost 26, is burned in my brain. As is the day I sent the youngest one off!) You get to send the oldest, the middle and the youngest all off to school on the same day

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Weeknight Menu's Vol 2! by pjcooks (Thanks, Erin.[br][br...)
PJ, Their birthday is in March - so they are just 5 1/2.

We are going to homeschool/virtual school (public school but we teach them at home). It officially starts on Sept. 7th. Our 9 boxes of school stuff start showing up next Tuesday.

No free time for me - even less time than I have now. I will be shifting to making more make ahead recipes - stocking the freezer - so I can survive!
Erin
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Weeknight Menu's Vol 2! by esgunn (PJ, Their birthday i...)
Oh my Lord, Erin, my hat is SO off to you!!! What a committment.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Weeknight Menu's Vol 2! by esgunn (PJ, Their birthday i...)
Good for you, Erin, and God bless! I would have loved to do that for my youngest one, but it wasn't widely accepted back then.

If I see any great do ahead recipes, I'll copy them for you!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Weeknight Menu's Vol 2! by pjcooks (Good for you, Erin, ...)
Good for you, Erin. You'll have your hands full for sure!

I just ordered the Weeknight Menus II. Was planning to check the local Borders store this weekend, now I don't have to do that.

We've had such good luck with all of the recipies in the C@H books... I look forward to seeing what's in the new one.
  Re: Re: Weeknight Menu's Vol 2! by HomeCulinarian (Good for you, Erin. ...)
Thank you Erin, I just ordered 2 copies. One for Jean & Roy's friends Dave & Jackie
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Weeknight Menu's Vol 2! by pjcooks (Good for you, Erin, ...)
Thanks everyone. And any Freezer friendly meals or tips would be appreciated. I have some standards, but we are always looking for new ideas. You can get pretty tired of all the same old things.
Erin
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Weeknight Menu's Vol 2! by esgunn (Thanks everyone. A...)
Erin, I recently saw, but resisted purchasing (*so far*) "The Best Make Ahead Recipe" by Cook's Illustrated.

We have their "The Best Recipe" and "The Best Light Recipe" books and they are great resources. I'm sure it will have some excellent ideas that would help you with your goals.
  Re: Re: Weeknight Menu's Vol 2! by HomeCulinarian (Erin, I recently saw...)
Perhaps in some ways it will be easier for them Erin, than for you. They will have each other, you will have none. Keep up that home schooling in any event, some of the stuff taught at school is not exactly up to snuff. And some of it is appalling. Read carefully their text books, and evaluate even more carefully. That is, if you can get your hands on those text books. It is even more important as they grow. ;Þ