Dry Age Beef at Home
  Re: (...)
This is easy and so good!!
1. Buy a large prime or choice boneless beef rib or loin roast. Rinse it well--do not trim -- pat dry.Wrap loosely in a triple layer of cheesecloth. Put on a rack over a baking pan and place in the fridge--The TEMP MUST REMAIN UNDER 40.
2. After the first day unwrap and rewrap with the same cheesecloth. Leave it in the fridge three to seven more days. It will lose 5-10% of its weight.
4. Unwrap the meat and trim the hard outer layer, fat too, but leaving some good fat.
5. Roast whole or cut into steaks.

This really works. Meat markets can age for weeks, I don't feel comfortable going more than seven days.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Dry Age Beef at Home by Old Bay (This is easy and so ...)
Bill, a few of us over on Chef2Chef did this a few years ago - we all had quite a discussion on it. It's really good - I'm with you, 7 days is about as far as I went if I remember correctly. Have to do this again. Must add a tenderloin to my Costco want list....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Dry Age Beef at Home by cjs (Bill, a few of us ov...)
HAH!!! This is something I can readily get here!!! Dry aged any type of beef is awesome in this market!! Don't have the large roast though----hmmm....will put on my list of something new to try!! Thanks, Bill
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Dry Age Beef at Home by Old Bay (This is easy and so ...)
for the tenderloin rub. I made it for company Sat. night and it was outstanding - promptly declared the best beef of the summer. I asked the butcher for a 3lb tenderloin and after mortgaging my firstborn took the thing home and cooked it with your rub. One couple cancelled so it was just four of us. It will have supplied 8 generous portions, so I guess it wasn't so outrageously expensive. (About 73 dollars)