Waaay off topic, unless
  Re: (...)
we talk about the caterers!

Son #1, almost 26, just informed me he's asked his girlfriend of many years to marry him!! I'm so excited, this is the first of my three sons, she's such a nice girl and I'm looking forward to (finally) having a daughter!

For the first time, I'm thinking there's a chance I'll have grandchildren

PJ
PJ
  Re: Waaay off topic, unless by pjcooks (we talk about the ca...)
Yipee! How exciting for you. When's the wedding?
  Re: Re: Waaay off topic, unless by HomeCulinarian (Yipee! How exciting...)
Hooray! I have been rediscovering the joys of having my daughter at home - it is a pure blessing. Her daughter is adorable and the Great Grandson (!) is 350% boy. It's nice to have them for a couple days a week!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Waaay off topic, unless by Harborwitch (Hooray! I have been...)
I am so sincerely delighted for you (and them) PJ. There is nothing quite like a wedding in the family. Please keep us up to date with the news as it comes along. I have to make a call today to deter someone from making Elizabeth and Quinns wedding cake. Good intentions, but....
Well for heaven sake PJ! Isn't that something? A DIL at your tender age You'll keep us up to speed on the wedding plans won't you?

I asked my younger sister how it felt to be a grandma and she said, "Great, I'm so excited!" I asked her what she was going to have the youngsters call her and she said, "Grandma, of course!"
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Waaay off topic, unless by bjcotton (Well for heaven sake...)
Such wonderful news, PJ! You must feel like you are going to burst with happiness! My guess is it won't be too long before you will have some grandbabies running around also.
Keep us posted on all the exciting plans.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Waaay off topic, unless by bjcotton (Well for heaven sake...)
Jennifer was giving me a bad time about being a GREAT grandma - until I asked her what that made her! Not so funny then.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
PJ!! Oh my gosh how excited are you!?!

That is fantastic news and I love the fact that you shared with us

I can't wait to start hearing about the plans and colors and food and guest list...oh so many fun things.
  Re: Re: Waaay off topic, unless by HomeCulinarian (Yipee! How exciting...)
Wow, what a day! Thanks, everyone for sharing my excitement! The wedding is in August of 2008, one year to plan.

Sharon, my youngest kids have been gone, for the most part, for almost 2 yrs now, and I miss them dreadfully. (they are 20 and almost 22). So I can appreciate your enjoyment of having her back at home, with daughter and great grandson-wow, how cool is that?

Dale, thanks for your good wishes. Now, you must tell us about Elizabeth's and Quinn's weding cake!

Billy, it sure is a big thing for me! If I ever have grandchildren, they can call me anything that comes out of their precious little mouths! (A little too eager here, do ya think???)

And yes, Maryann, I am so happy for my son and his fiancee, they've been together for so long, bought a house, got pets (I knew it was serious when they got their first cat together). Now to plan an engagement party!

Denise, I can't wait either, to hear their plans! They are very down to earth kids, uncomfortable with stiff and formal situations, hoping they'll let me cook!!

Thanks, everyone, this has been a great day for me!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Waaay off topic, unless by pjcooks (Wow, what a day! Th...)
" wedding is in August of 2008, "

The year will fly by, believe me!!!! Congrats, PJ!!!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.