Steak Milanese
  Re: (...)
Here's a recipe from the April issue that I'm going to fix as soon as I get to Portland. This sounds just peachy!

* Exported from MasterCook *

Steak Milanese

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : A List Beef-Veal

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 pound top loin steak -- trimmed
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
3 large eggs -- beaten
2 cups bread crumbs
1 cup Roma tomatoes -- seeded and diced
1/4 cup red onion -- diced
3 tablespoons kalamata olives -- halved
2 tablespoons capers
2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/3 cup vegetable oil
Garlic Linguine

Cut the steak into eight 2-oz. pieces, then pound them to about 1/4" thick using the smooth side of a meat mallet. Season both sides of the cutlets with salt and pepper.

Place the flour, eggs, and crumbs into three separate shallow dishes. Dredge cutlets in flour, followed by the eggs, then the crumbs. Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet; chill for 30 minutes.

Combine the tomatoes, red onion, olives, capers, chopped fresh oregano, olive oil, and lemon juice in a bowl for the relish; set aside. Heat the oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat to 350° (see note).

Fry the cutlets in batches until golden, about 2 minutes per side. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate. Fry remaining cutlets.

Top the cutlets with relish and serve with linguine on the side.

Source:
"CuisineAtHome, April 2007, pg 32"
NOTES : Here's a simple technique to help determine when frying oil is at its optimum temperature. Drop a 1" cube of bread into the hot oil and time how long it takes to turn golden brown. If the bread toasts in 50-60 seconds, the oil is between 350° and 365°--this is the ideal range for most frying jobs. If the cube browns in 40-50 seconds, the oil is 365° to 380°, which some recipes will call for as well.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Garlic Linguine

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : A List Pasta

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1/2 pound dry linguine
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons garlic -- minced
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese -- shredded
salt -- to taste

Cook linguine according to package directions in a large pot of boiling salted water; drain.

Heat oil, garlic, and pepper flakes in a saucepan over medium-high while pasta cooks. Cook until garlic begins to sizzle, about 1 minute, then toss linguine with garlic oil, Parmesan, and salt.

Source:
"CuisineAtHome, April 2007, pg 33"
Yield:
"4 cups"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Steak Milanese by bjcotton (Here's a recipe from...)
shoot, what's not to love - them be my foods!!! I thot you weren't going to have to keep going back to Portland.... ?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Steak Milanese by cjs (shoot, what's not to...)
Fredia isn't doing so good. As much as I hate to admit it, I can't continue to care for her by myself. It's just too much.

Besides that, one of our nieces is graduating college and they're having a party for her the 18th & 19th; then there's a family reunion at Marilee's house the weekend of the 25th & 26th; then on the 28th an appointment with her doctor. She has an appointment with her optometrist Thursday, one with her new primary care doctor here in Roseburg Friday, and then the trip to Portland Saturday. What's to happen on the 25th & 26th will determine what's to happen with Fredia's care to follow. Frankly, Jean, I have about exhausted my physical resources.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Steak Milanese by bjcotton (Fredia isn't doing s...)
Billy, I don't know how you've done so much for so long!! Good, you'll have lots of help in Portland. Fredia needs you strong right now and if that means sharing the load so you can be there for her, so be it. Love and prayers to you all!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com