No Rain
  Re: (...)
Oh No. We have 113 people RSVP'd for our annual picnic this Saturday and now the weather says it might rain!

What am I going to do? Guess I'll just have to hand them a plate and some foil, say help yourself, and we'll see you next year!

Please - put all your good weather thoughts together for me to keept he rain away until after the picnic on Saturday!!!!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: No Rain by esgunn (Oh No. We have 11...)
Oh Erin, I just noticed that also - all week they've been saying Thursday and maybe Friday, but the weekend was supposed to be nice. I'll get the local tribes busy with their dancing.....and cross the fingers for you!! It's raining in Forks, but hasn't gotten here yet.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: No Rain by cjs (Oh Erin, I just noti...)
I'll do the No Rain Dance for you, Erin. What the heck do you do with 113 people in the rain?
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: No Rain by Lorraine (I'll do the No Rain ...)
Dance fast?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: No Rain by cjs (Dance fast?...)
I will attempt to make contact with the Sangomas and Bushmen to send along a rain chant for you---to stay away until Monday!!! Hope your day is fun and rain free!!!

We are having massive rains as well---the townships are flooding and the homes (shacks) they build are washing away---major fund drives to assist for their rebuilding. Problem is---they continue to build on an area that will flood away again with the next rain---
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
Erin, do you have rental places out your way where you can rent tables, chair, and tents/canopies? It might be worth it to rent a couple of tents for Saturday if it's not too late.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Sending the sun Gods good vibes-

I had to rent a tent for my folk's 50th last year at the last moment, as the forecast changed and it was going to be brutally H&H. And it was-by the time I got the tables, chairs and huge tent, my bill had grown to a thousand dollars but it was well worth it.

Hoping the rain holds off for you, you never can tell!

Good luck,

PJ
PJ
It's always a good idea to have a backup plan for outdoor events... maybe mud wrestling and a wet t-shirt contest could replace the bocce ball and badminton games?

We'll put in a prayer for clear skies for you this Saturday!
Well, since the area where I am now living already went through Hurricane Mitch in 1998, we're just praying that Hurricane Dean ( http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics...shtml?5day ) doesn't pull the same kind of stunt. As it stands right now, it looks as though we may experience the very outer fringes of it on Monday.

Dean did NOT RSVP. In fact, we have NOT sent it an invitation.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: No Rain by labradors (Well, since the area...)
Quote:

Dean did NOT RSVP. In fact, we have NOT sent it an invitation.

Labradors, here's to Dean, that he ends up a "no show"! Will keep you guys in prayer that he doesn't even "pass thru".
Vive Bene! Spesso L'Amore! Di Risata Molto!

Buon Appetito!

Linda