New to Port Angeles!!
  Re: (...)
We have a new deli in town and they have one whole LONG wall of jarred herbs/spices!!!!!! I'm so excited I can hardly contain myself. I finally got some fenugreek! and a couple others. Oh my, what a great thing for this town.

So, naturally this sent me scurrying for more African dishes to use the fenugreek (that I didn't have for our last foray into this area!)

Found a couple that look good and will probably try them in the next few days. One looks so simple and might make great breakfasts...Spicy Potato Dosadillas - evidently it's like a quesadilla, but cone shaped. hmmmmm

Our little town is coming into the 21st century...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: New to Port Angeles!! by cjs (We have a new deli i...)
"Spicy Potato Dosadillas - evidently it's like a quesadilla, but cone shaped. "

So, by Sunday we should see a review and a recipe??? I needed fenugreek not long ago for something, but didn't have it either. Aren't new stores fun!!!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: New to Port Angeles!! by cjs (We have a new deli i...)
Oh how lucky for you! That's great and can't wait to find out what your doing with the goodies!.

There's an Indian grocery just down the road from us, and a couple others from other countries scattered around. We've got to schedule a shopping trip.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: New to Port Angeles!! by Harborwitch (Oh how lucky for you...)
That's great Jean...what fun browsing through the new and unfamiliar items. You can get fenugreek from Penzey's. I had some and didn't know what to do with it. Don't know if I still have it or not.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: New to Port Angeles!! by bjcotton (That's great Jean......)
Billy, the whole fun of this is I don't have to order from Penzeys anymore and wait and hope I can remember what the hell I wanted what I ordered for....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: New to Port Angeles!! by cjs (Billy, the whole fun...)

PENZEY'S???? I will order from the catalogue but once I receive the goodies I've forgotten what I wanted them for!!! Jean, I think I will follow your lead in the future!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy