It's Not a Jalapeno Plant!!!
  Re: (...)
Lorraine is my 'go to' on pepper plants, but I think this one has even her stumped. It was purcased as a, and with a tag, that identified it as a jalapeno plant....

[Image: pepper.jpg]

the little devils are as hard as tomatillas when they are developing their 'skin'.

[Image: peppertwo.jpg]

and so small - they do look like cherry peppers, but.... look familiar to anyone????

There are three peppers on the plant, I'm just about to pick one and cut it open to see what's what!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: It's Not a Jalapeno Plant!!! by cjs (Lorraine is my 'go t...)
That's no jalapeno. LOL I think it looks like the cherry peppers I ended up with a few years ago. They were labelled as habaneros. BIG difference. But, on the plus side, they were great grilled. a bit of heat, but not much. Are they turning red at all?
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: It's Not a Jalapeno Plant!!! by Lorraine (That's no jalapeno. ...)
Not a clue!!!! Peppers of any kind are not on the scene here---look like green tomatoes to me---maybe tomatillos??

"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
http://www.chetbacon.com/hotlinks.html might give you a clue. I think they look like either a cherry pepper or a manzano pepper. Strange looking pepper.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
Difficult to say, but the closest-looking thing I found on my search was "bacio di Satana" (kiss of Satan).
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: It's Not a Jalapeno Plant!!! by labradors (Difficult to say, bu...)
That looks just like the zucchini plant I bought several years ago that turned into a butternut squash or was it the bell pepper that turned into a banana pepper?
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: It's Not a Jalapeno Plant!!! by bjcotton (That looks just like...)
Quote:

That looks just like the zucchini plant I bought several years ago that turned into a butternut squash or was it the bell pepper that turned into a banana pepper?

LOL! When I was a kid, my parents had a really nice garden, and they got some broccoli plants for it. One of them turned out to be Brussels sprouts. We all like broccoli, but neither my parents nor I like Brussels sprouts.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: It's Not a Jalapeno Plant!!! by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Well they look like these -
"Bacio di Satana Hot Peppers

90 days. Capsicum annuum. Plant produces good yields of 1" long by 1" wide cherry shaped hot peppers. Peppers are quite hot, have thick walls, and turn from lime-green to red when mature. Plant has green stems, green leaves, and white flowers. Name translates to Satan Kiss. A heirloom variety from Italy."

But, I'm still hoping for Cherry peppers.... maybe we'll try one now and let the others turn red, if they will.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com