crab ragoon
  Re: (...)
Good morning I am new to forum but desperately need recipe from aprox 3 yrs. ago . probably the only issue I can't find for crab ragoon with a pineapple dipping sauce. I suggested them for a party I am doing on 9/1/07 and now can't find recipe. I made them and everyone loved them. It was in an issue featuring crab 3 ways i think.
where every meal is a memory.......... karmelkake memory maker
  Re: crab ragoon by karmelkake (Good morning I am ne...)
Welcome to the forums!! There are two versions of crab 'rangoon' in the archives - here they are.

Crab Rangoon & Pineapple-Chile Sauce
(Cuisine at home, June 2005, Issue 51, p. 38)

Makes: 32 Wontons Total Time: About 40 Minutes Rating: Easy

Simmer:
1 1/2 cups fresh pineapple, diced
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
2 t. chili garlic sauce
Juice of 1 lime

Blend:
4 oz. light cream cheese, softened
1 T. minced fresh cilantro
2 t. scallion, minced
1 t. fresh ginger, minced
1 t. sugar
1 t. jalapeño, seeded, minced
Juice of 1/2 a lime

Arrange, Fill, and Fry:
1 cup crabmeat (4 oz.)
32 wonton skins
1 cup vegetable oil

Simmer pineapple, 1/2 cup sugar, water, chili sauce, and lime juice in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook until thickened, 5 - 8 minutes. Puree until smooth; set aside.

Blend cream cheese, cilantro, scallion, ginger, sugar, jalapeño, and lime juice in a bowl; gently fold in crab.

Arrange wonton skins on a work surface. Place 1 teaspoon of crab mixture in center of each, then moisten edges with water. Fold to form a triangle, pressing to seal. Moisten the outer corners of the triangle, seal together to form a "hat," and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Heat oil to 350° in a pan over med.-high. Fry wontons in batches until golden on both sides, 2 - 3 minutes total. Drain on paper towels; serve with pineapple sauce. Fry remaining wontons in the same way.

Nutrition Information (Per rangoon with 1 t. Pineapple-Chile Sauce):
70 calories 30% calories from fat 3g total fat 11g carb. 73mg sodium 1g fiber 2g protein
-----
and this one - oops, not different sauces, the first one is the lighter version, this one is the 'full figured' version -

Crab Rangoon with Pineapple-Chile Dipping Sauce
(Cuisine at home, June 2005, Issue 51, p. 38)
Makes: 32 Wontons Total Time: About 40 Minutes Rating: Easy

Simmer:
1 1/2 cups fresh pineapple, diced
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
2 t. chili garlic sauce
Juice of 1 lime

Blend:
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 T. minced fresh cilantro
2 t. scallion, minced
1 t. fresh ginger, minced
1 t. sugar
1 t. jalapeño, seeded, minced
Juice of 1/2 a lime
1 cup crabmeat (4 oz.)

Arrange, Fill, and Fry:
32 wonton skins
1 cup vegetable oil

Simmer pineapple, 1/2 cup sugar, water, chili sauce, and lime juice in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook until thickened, 5–8 minutes. Puree until smooth; set aside.

Blend cream cheese, cilantro, scallion, ginger, sugar, jalapeño, and lime juice in a bowl; gently fold in crab.

Arrange wonton skins on a work surface. Place 1 teaspoon of crab mixture in center of each, then moisten edges with water. Fold to form a triangle, pressing to seal. Moisten the outer corners of the triangle, seal together to form a "hat," and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Heat oil to 350° in a pan over med.-high. Fry wontons in batches until golden on both sides, 2–3 minutes total. Drain on paper towels; serve with pineapple sauce. Fry remaining wontons in the same way.

Nutrition Information (Per rangoon with 1 tsp. pineapple-chili sauce):
169 calories 43% calories from fat 9g total fat 23g carb. 41mg sodium 0g fiber 4g protein
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Here it is: http://www.cuisinerecipes.com/e-recipes/060529.php

Edit: Oops! CJS beat me to it! LOL!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
Thanks so much!!!
where every meal is a memory.......... karmelkake memory maker
  Re: Re: crab ragoon by cjs (Welcome to the forum...)
WELCOME karmelkake!! Please join in often--we have fun and there is a great bunch here!!

Roxanne
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy