Guess What This Is...Lolly
  Re: (...)
Can you guess what this is Lorraine?

[Image: JapaneseBasil-1.jpg]

Come on, take a guess.....
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Guess What This Is...Lolly by bjcotton (Can you guess what t...)
It's shiso!!!! Looking good, Billy!! Did it self seed itself in the rocks??? I tried some in guacamole last week. Have you used any?
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Guess What This Is...Lolly by Lorraine (It's shiso!!!! [img]...)
Okay??? What is shiso---?? It looks like the weeds that come up periodically through our pavement--and I ANNIHILATE them---what have I done
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Guess What This Is...Lolly by Roxanne 21 (Okay??? What is sh...)
"-what have I done" - missed the boat????

Shiso is a great little herb - part of the mint & basil family. It's also called Japanese basil. Good for salads, garnishes, used in sushi, sashimi and tempuras.

Quit annihilating them!! You might have a treasure, lady!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Guess What This Is...Lolly by cjs ("-what have I done" ...)
I grew mine in a planter last year. When it died in the fall, I shook the seeds into the earth still in the planter. It came back great this year.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Guess What This Is...Lolly by Lorraine (I grew mine in a pla...)
I did the same thing Lorraine. I was hoping it'd come back thicker this year but the seeds must have been washed into the gravel driveway. I'm putting a little fence around them to keep the gardners [and other folks] from killing them. I've still got a few of the seeds you sent left. Next year I'll plant them in one of the planters I had for my citrus trees.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy