Meatballs for the Soul?
  Re: (...)
Am I missing somthing about this Recipe, it says to preheat oven but gives no time to put meatballs in oven?

Very confusing to me, any clarification.
  Re: Meatballs for the Soul? by stilllearning (Am I missing somthin...)
It is confusing. But on page 7 you transfer the meatballs from the skillet to a dutch oven and put on a burner over medium heat. Then it says to make the gravy.

On page 8 in the gravy directions it says after cooking 5 minutes and seasoning - to pour over the meatballs in the dutch oven and to continue braising for 35 - 40 minutes (a little unclear as to where)

BUT... the last picture insert on the bottom of the page says to Pour the gravy over the meatballs, cover the pot and finish cooking in the oven.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
Welcome Stilllearning! Glad you could join us. Actually, I've found out that even chefs that have been cooking for years are still learning. You've come to the right place for help, recipes, tips, and to share some of your recipes and experiences. Again, welcome to CAH.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
Welcome, Still, have fun here and post often. Let us know how the meatballs come out!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Meatballs for the Soul? by pjcooks (Welcome, Still, hav...)
Welcome, Stillearning!!!

" I've found out that even chefs that have been cooking for years are still learning."

And here I thought that little old knew everything.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Meatballs for the Soul? by esgunn (It is confusing. B...)
DUH!!!! I'm kinda outta it here---what is the meatball recipe yáll are discussing here????

WELCOME stilllearning----I am everyday!!!

I'm guessing that your question is from the new issue??

There is a meatball recipe that is a FAVORITE of ours from C@H---if you need I will post----

NOT FAIR!!!! another issue that will be a few MONTHS for me to receive--- WHHHHAAAAA!!!!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Meatballs for the Soul? by Roxanne 21 (DUH!!!! I'm kinda ...)
(whispering oh so gently.....) it's the meatball recipe in the newest issue.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Meatballs for the Soul? by cjs ((whispering oh so g...)
SO GENTLY----a WHHHHAAAAAA!!!!!! GEESH
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Meatballs for the Soul? by Roxanne 21 (SO GENTLY----a WHH...)
Shhhh.... Don't tell Roxanne - but they are Norwegian meatballs and gravy. With two kinds of mashed potatoes.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Meatballs for the Soul? by esgunn (Shhhh.... Don't tell...)
Ufdda!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com