MUSICMAKER, where are you?
  Re: (...)
Linda, I made your family recipe for Pasta Pomodorini tonight, and it was heavenly! I used cherry tomatoes still warm from the garden, good fresh garlic, and my own homegrown basil. It's a lot of garlic, but absolutely wonderful! This will be a regular dish at my house.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: MUSICMAKER, where are you? by Mare749 (Linda, I made your f...)
It's on my list! Did you use all the garlic, Maryann? I think I'll whip this up for the boys on Sat morning.

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: MUSICMAKER, where are you? by pjcooks (It's on my list! Di...)
Off to look for the recipe. The basil is taking over the herb bed, and I picked about 200 cherry / grape tomatoes last night. Thanks for the reminder, Maryann!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: MUSICMAKER, where are you? by pjcooks (It's on my list! Di...)
Yes, PJ, I did use all that garlic. Oh my goodness, it was so good. It's a good thing Ron likes garlic as much as I do. I may use a little less next time though, maybe just 2 or 3 cloves instead of 6.

Maryann
Maryann

Re: Re: MUSICMAKER, where are you? by Mare749 (Yes, PJ, I did use a...)
"It's a good thing Ron likes garlic as much as I do. " - We said the same thing!!

We loved this!! It's one of those that can easily be added to, like clean out the frig. I did have some garbanzas and grilled onions & zuccs (a little of each) that I added to it.

We'll certainly make ofte.

Yes, use the amount of garlic called for - it gets sweet!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: MUSICMAKER, where are you? by cjs ("It's a good thing R...)
Found it!!! Gave a bit of a gasp when I saw the amount of garlic, but, I'll trust your judgement.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: MUSICMAKER, where are you? by Lorraine (Off to look for the ...)
LOVE garlic---I probably would have used more-----but the BASIL would have another MEGA addition---our favorites especially with a great cheese!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: MUSICMAKER, where are you? by Roxanne 21 (LOVE garlic---I prob...)
Bringing this back up to the top so Linda sees it.
Maryann

Re: Re: MUSICMAKER, where are you? by Mare749 (Bringing this back u...)
Thanks, Maryann! That recipe has been in our family for generations. Remember making it as a kid, and the best part was squeezing those tomatoes and having that juice squirt all over! Just like the rest of you, when the recipe is shared and the amount of garlic is noted, everyone shreeks about it, but it really does sweeten up the sauce. Someone mentioned about adding a lot of basil...that's fine, but you have to watch because too much of that will turn the sauce bitter for some reason. Not sure if it has to do with the amount of garlic or what, but I've tried it and we didn't care too much for it . Just a
FYI, of course. Crops have been behind here..can't wait to make more tomato dishes and eggplant "sandwiches". Will pass the recipes on for those if anyone is interested!

Edit; Roxanne, since you, too, are a cheese lover, if you make this sauce, make some bruschetta -- if you can get your hands on a nice crusty loaf. Place some fresh mozzarella on the bread, broil for a few min to melt and bubble and then top with some of this sauce. Heaven! Can also place some fresh basil on it, of course. Another way is to top the bread with the tomatoes and fresh basil and then a nice curl of Parma-Reggie. Double heavenly!!!
Vive Bene! Spesso L'Amore! Di Risata Molto!

Buon Appetito!

Linda
  Re: Re: MUSICMAKER, where are you? by MUSICMAKER (Thanks, Maryann! Th...)
....and, Roxanne, may I add, after toasting your bread, rub with a cut clove of garlic, and continue as Linda mentioned.

I've been mixing up cherry tomatoes, cut up, basil, garlic and olive oil and topping the bread - and of course a little parm doesn't hurt either!!

Time to make some more 18-hour bread!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com