Mom's cream cheese cookies
  Re: (...)
Here is a recipe that is probably in everybody's mom's recipe file, but I wanted to share it anyway. We always loved these.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Cream Cheese Cookies

Recipe By :unknown
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 3 oz. cream cheese
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
1 cup flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups wheat flakes -- coarsely crushed

Cream cheese, butter and sugar; add almond extract. Sift together flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture. Chill dough 1 hour. Shape in small balls, roll in crushed wheat flakes. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Press centers and top with apricot jam.

Bake 350 F for 12 - 15 minutes.

Notes: These are really good rolled in chopped nuts as a sub for wheat flakes.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Mom's cream cheese cookies by Mare749 (Here is a recipe tha...)
Copied and saved, Maryann! My mom NEVER baked when we were kids. Hard to believe, but true. If it weren't for my dad or his mom, we would have never had baked goods as kids. Her side of the family (including her) very rarely cooked/baked anything but look out when the holidays rolled around..couldn't get them OUT of the kitchen then! Guess that's why I've drifted towards that spectrum of the cooking world and why I cherish collecting and making T&T family recipes, even if they are from other families!!!
Vive Bene! Spesso L'Amore! Di Risata Molto!

Buon Appetito!

Linda
Oh thanks for posting this, Maryann - very similar to a cookie a friend's mother made when I was a teenager - it had cereal and a maraschino cherry was put in the indentation.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Mom's cream cheese cookies by MUSICMAKER (Copied and saved, Ma...)
I bet these would be really good with macadamia nuts--I see more FAT PILLS!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
Wow, Maryann, I think I even remember where the recipe came from-a 60's era Pillsbury Cook-Off cookbook, the one with the bride-to- be on the back cover, holding a blue lace garter and gazing dreamily off into space. For some reason, that fascinated me, but I was probably 6 at the time. I do remember my Mom made it with nuts, though, and not cereal. (somewhere, I still have that cookbook)

Thanks for the memory!

PJ
PJ
Wow my mom didn't make these! lol! Maybe I can get her to try them though....
  Re: Re: Mom's cream cheese cookies by chef21 (Wow my mom didn't ma...)
My Mother never made them either, but they sure sound good! Thanks for posting it.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Mom's cream cheese cookies by Lorraine (My Mother never made...)
Wow. That sounds like a very pure Cream Cheese treat. There are times where i love just straight Cheesy flavoring and that sounds like it's it.

Now, we all know our favorite day of November is coming up. So i thought i start relaying some ideas.

How is this one?

Pumpkin Pie Bars

Recipe Rating:
Prep Time: 15 min
Total Time: 55 min
Makes: 24 servings, 1 bar each

Nutrition Information
Kraft Kitchens Tips
Ratings and comments

1-1/3 cups flour
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
3/4 cup granulated sugar, divided
3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) cold butter or margarine
1 cup old-fashioned or quick-cooking oats, uncooked
1/2 cup chopped PLANTERS Pecans
1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
3 eggs
1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin
1 Tbsp. pumpkin pie spice

PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Line 13x9-inch baking pan with foil; grease foil lining. Mix flour, brown sugar and 1/4 cup of the granulated sugar in medium bowl; cut in butter with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in oats and pecans. Reserve 1 cup of the oat mixture; press remaining mixture onto bottom of pan. Bake 15 min.
BEAT cream cheese, remaining 1/2 cup sugar, eggs, pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice in small bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Pour over crust; sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
BAKE 25 min. Lift from pan using foil handles; cool completely. Cut into 24 bars. Store leftover bars in tightly covered container in refrigerator.

P.S. Don't worry about the label this time around I noticed some substitute it with Philly 1/3 Less Fat Neufchatel Cream Cheese. Just make them sweet and watch the kids and Family chow them up!
  Re: Re: Mom's cream cheese cookies by chef21 (Wow. That sounds lik...)
How funny, it was about this time last year that a 'Lisa' ??? from Kraft started coming on the forum, but after holiday baking was over, she ditched us......hmmmmmmmm
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Mom's cream cheese cookies by cjs (How funny, it was ab...)
That Lisa girl! (

we'll i hope you do enjoy the recipes i got for ya!

Anyone else got some good Cream Cheese treats or cookies to share.