Sugarbrown's Momma's Momma's Banana Cake
  Re: (...)
Thought you'd never ask Maryann One of the things I especially like about this cake is that you use ONE bowl. Just measure out everything and throw it in the bowl, mix it up and pour it in the pan. I use two 9" cake pans and it turns out beautifully every time. Most times it doesn't last long enough to even cool and be frosted, so it's rare that it gets any frosting.

* Exported from MasterCook *

SugarBrown's Mama's Mama's Banana Cake

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Cakes-Pies-Cookies

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1/2 cup shortening..(can be liquid oil or butter)
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 large eggs
1 cup mashed bananas (about 2)
4 tablespoons sour milk (I use 3 tablespoons milk and 1 tablespoon vinegar)
1 teaspoon soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 cups flour
1 pinch salt (1/8 teaspoon)
1 cup nuts (optional) -- chopped

Preheat oven to 350F.

Mix all together..Bake in a lightly greased rectangular cake pan (I usually use a pyrex lasagna pan) for about 30 minutes or use the ole' toothpick method.

I frost it with a cream/butter/powdered sugar conglomerate!

NOTES : This recipe is sooooooooooo good, that if you haven't made it you are depriving yourself and your family. I don't even frost it, there is no need. A BIG thank you to SugarBrown for posting it. I toothpick it at about 20-25 minutes when I use the cake pans.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Sugarbrown's Momma's Momma's Banana Cake by bjcotton (Thought you'd never ...)
This is a great one, Maryann!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sugarbrown's Momma's Momma's Banana Cake by cjs (This is a great one,...)
Thanks Billy, I've got bananas ripening, so I'll be making it this weekend. I don't know that I would really want to frost this either, so I think I'll put it in my new chrysanthemum bundt pan.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Sugarbrown's Momma's Momma's Banana Cake by Mare749 (Thanks Billy, I've g...)
...and take pictures.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com