Review - Pork Tenderloin from current issue
  Re: (...)
I made this meal on Friday and it was really nice. The pork was very yummy although I let marinade like 2 hours because I don't think the short marinade times given do that much to impart flavor. I thought the lemon honey sauce was yummy but my husband said that the flavor of the sauce and the pork actually clashed. I was not sure of the polenta since I have never had it before but it was really "rich tasting" with the cheese although the texture is not really my cup of tea. It reminded me of malt o meal cereal which was a little weird. I bet that the Parmesan Orzo from the grilling book would be fantastic with this meal. The grapes again were ok but something I wouldnt miss if not there. I did like that this seemed like a nice fall/winter grilling dish so will definitely make it again as the weather turns.
  Re: Review - Pork Tenderloin from current issue by Emmasmum (I made this meal on ...)
Thanks for the review, Emmasmum. Did the length of the marinade affect the texture of the pork? Did you use the enhanced tenderloin or regular? The amount of salt in those can really throw a recipe off.

I'll do this at some point, when it's pork weather!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Review - Pork Tenderloin from current issue by pjcooks (Thanks for the revie...)
I actually just used a regular tenderloin so it could take the marinade. I don't think it changed it at all, I think the only thing it changed was it got that dark color like the cover ( after the time stated in recipe I just don't see how they truly got that color.

Linda
  Re: Re: Review - Pork Tenderloin from current issue by Emmasmum (I actually just used...)
Quote:

I just don't see how they truly got that color.

Linda

Me, either!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Review - Pork Tenderloin from current issue by Emmasmum (I actually just used...)
10 minutes?? I'm with you, I'd have done it longer also. I think I have a little tenderloin in the freezer....and except for today, it's supposed to be beautiful around here!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com