Board Changes
  Re: (...)
Hi,

Yesterday, we had a few bad apples (no pun intended) come here and post some inappropriate things to the forum. While we were making some changes to try and prevent these types of things from happening, we went ahead and enabled a few features.

Some of you have already noticed the new features and a few of you have experienced problems with them. For instance, the "Who's Online" link was only showing a single person.....we've fixed that now to show everyone (except those who've chosen to be invisible).

One other thing we've enabled is user avatars. Each of you can now have a unique image that will show up next to each of your posts. You can change your avatar by clicking on "My Home" at the top of the screen. From your Home screen, you can edit your personal information which includes a setting for an avatar. Each avatar has to be smaller than 100 pixels (height and width). The avatars must be hosted on a different site and must be linked to from your profile.

If you have any questions about any of the features of the forum, feel free to contact me via private message. Thanks, and hopefully we got rid of all the ne'er-do-wells.

Enjoy!

Brian
  Re: Board Changes by Brian (Hi,[br][br]Yesterday...)
Thank you Brian, for keeping this a fun place to visit with our online friends, share and review recipes, as well as tips and ideas.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Board Changes by Mare749 (Thank you Brian, for...)
Thanks so much, Brian for making our favorite website even more favorite!!!!

....now, if we can only work on those magazine recipe archives.....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Board Changes by cjs (Thanks so much, Bria...)
A clean board is a happy board!

Thanks, Brian!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Board Changes by Brian (Hi,[br][br]Yesterday...)
Quote:

Each avatar has to be smaller than 100 pixels (height and width).

Looks like the forum software isn't properly checking/enforcing this.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Board Changes by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
well shoot, I've got the beginning, but no avatar yet......
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Board Changes by cjs (well shoot, I've got...)
Sorry for all of the trouble, but we've been experiencing some problems with the forum software this morning. We're still ironing out some of the "bugs", so please let me know if you experience any problems and we'll get them worked out.

Brian
  Re: Re: Board Changes by Brian (Sorry for all of the...)

Thanks, Brian, for promptly taking care of the intruders and their pollution.
Vive Bene! Spesso L'Amore! Di Risata Molto!

Buon Appetito!

Linda
  Re: Re: Board Changes by MUSICMAKER ([br]Thanks, Brian, f...)
A quick update.....

There is a bug in our forum software that is not showing avatars next to each post. The avatars are showing up in the user profile, just not next to the posts. We're working on this.

Secondly, if you specify an avatar, the system will allow you to use a picture greater than 100 pixels height and width. But, it will not display anything larger than that. So, if you specify an avatar that is 140 pixels wide, the system will allow it, but will squeeze that image into the 100 pixel width. So, your avatar will look compressed. So, if you want your avatar to look like it should, please ensure that it's no larger than 100 pixels wide and 100 pixels tall.

Hope that helps. Thanks again for all your support!

Brian
  Re: Re: Board Changes by Brian (A quick update.....[...)
Quote:

There is a bug in our forum software that is not showing avatars next to each post. The avatars are showing up in the user profile, just not next to the posts. We're working on this.

It has been working fine, for me. Perhaps one of your other personal preference settings is keeping the software from displaying them for you. In some forum software, each user has an option of whether or not he wants avatars and/or signatures displayed. Here, I could only find that option for signatures. Maybe one of the other options is affecting it.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?