One Change I don't like on boards
  Re: (...)
Ok I love all the features but I don't like how all the threads are just one after the other. Lines make it easier for the eye to follow.

The same with the responses...each one just blends into the next with no breaks.

Ok one other error. I tried to upload my avatar and change my email address. It will accept those changes but tells my signature is too long. I didn't change my signature or add anything.

Just my 2 cents worth. I would love the separator lines back
  Re: One Change I don't like on boards by DFen911 (Ok I love all the fe...)
It'll probably just take a little getting used to. but we're good, so we can handle it
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
Denise, Have been experiencing the same and agree with you...it is hard on the eyes.

Did your "skin" also change? I used to have about a dozen choices, now none....there is this UGLY light tan background with a darker tan used for framing with light violet print. Tried to change this in several areas and just cannot get it to change. Also the size of the font has got to be like and 8 or 9.

I sent Brian a PM about this...haven't heard back from him yet but when I do, will share with you what he has to say.
Vive Bene! Spesso L'Amore! Di Risata Molto!

Buon Appetito!

Linda
" Lines make it easier for the eye to follow. "

I never noticed they were gone. I thought it was my deteriorating eyesight.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
My view looks more or less the same as it did before the new features were added. I didn't change any settings.
  Re: Re: One Change I don't like on boards by HomeCulinarian (My view looks more o...)
I didn't change anything, either. When I logged on yesterday (last night) EVERYTHING changed here! This UGLE screen which hurts the eyes and the "micro sized print" that you need a magnifying glass to read. The "skin" I chose when joining this forum had the option of I guess would be "regular" and then an option for "large print".

Can somone check their personal options and see if you still have choices of skin colors and size? It's at the top about the 4th choice down and does have the word "skin" in it.

Thanks!

Buon Appetito!

Linda
  Re: Re: One Change I don't like on boards by MUSICMAKER (I didn't change anyt...)
Here are my settings:

You can edit any of the information below.

Choose language
English

Which style sheet (skin) do you want to use for your display?
Always use default

Current server time is: 09/07/07 11:12 AM
Choose your time offset in hours (..,-2,-1,0,1,2,..)

What time format do you want to use?
MM/DD/YY 10:19 AM

Do you want the main page to list categories or forums?
forums

When you login do you want to go to your My Home or the main index?
Main Index

Default display mode
Flat Mode

Default view
Collapsed Topics

Total parent posts to show per page: (default is 50)

Total posts to show on one page when viewing a post in flat mode (default is 20)

Do you want the preview post screen default off or on?
On

TextArea columns?

TextArea rows?

Do you want to view other user's signatures with their posts
Yes
  Re: Re: One Change I don't like on boards by MUSICMAKER (I didn't change anyt...)
" Can somone check their personal options "

It's not under personal options, it's under "display preferences"
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: One Change I don't like on boards by HomeCulinarian (Here are my settings...)
Quote:

Here are my settings:

You can edit any of the information below.

Which style sheet (skin) do you want to use for your display?
Always use default

HC, thanks! Compared what you have here with my settings and they are the same. It is under this setting (in the quote box above) where there were options of skin colors and large print. I chose the large, which was like a size 14 font type. Since this new formatting began, there is now nothing there to choose from...no colors, no print size, no options at all. What appears now throughout the forum is like a size 8 or 9 -- very, very small and difficult to read!

Do you have any other options under this setting or just the one, entitled "default"?

Appreciate your help!

Buon Appetito!

Linda
  Re: Re: One Change I don't like on boards by MUSICMAKER ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Default is the only option available.

You may need to check your monitor's DPI setting. Normal is 96, large print is 120.

To do this, right click anywhere on the monitor NOT in an active window. Click on "Properties". Then on the "Settings" tab, click "Advanced". On the "General" tab you can change your DPI setting. You will need to restart your computer for the settings to work.

Another way to change the size of text is to change the Screen Resultion. Less makes things bigger, More makes things smaller.

Good Luck!