Re: (...)
We just use breasts because we're white meat people. From Saveur, Vol. 28
2 C fresh lemon juice
1 C extra virgin olive oil
1 T red wine vinegar
1 garlic clove minced
1/2 t dried oregano
salt and freshly ground pepper
2 2&1/2 lb chickens with wings, thighs, & legs seperated and breasts quartered on the bone.
1/4 C chopped fresh parsley

1. Place oven rack in the upper third of the oven and pre heat broiler for at least 15 minutes.
2.Whisk together lemon juice, oil, vinegar, garlic, & oregano in a large bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. Place chicken, skin side down on a baking sheet & broil for 15 min. Turn chicken over & broil until skin is crisp and golden and juices run clear, about 15 min more.
4. Remove chicken from broiler and toss in lemon mixture. Return chicken to broiler, skin side up, & broil for 3 min. Transfer chicken to a platter.
5. Pour pan drippings into a saucepan, add lemon sauce & bring to a boil over high heat until thickened, about 5 min. Stir in parsley, drizzle a little sauce on the chicken and serve remaining sauce on the side.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Rao's Lemon Chicken by Old Bay (We just use breasts ...)
sounds really tasty!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Rao's Lemon Chicken by cjs (sounds really tasty!...)
Wow, does it ever sound tasty!!! Last time we were in Palm Springs, we brought back a few of Rao's pasta sauces. They were really good!!!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Rao's Lemon Chicken by Lorraine (Wow, does it ever so...)
ok, but not great. I think it's probably better in the restrauant where they have a salamander to crisp the outside. It got a little too done on the inside in our broiler.
  Re: Re: Rao's Lemon Chicken by Old Bay (ok, but not great. I...)
Bill, do you have a torch? wonder if that would work for crisping up?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Rao's Lemon Chicken by cjs (Bill, do you have a ...)
Good idea.
  Re: Re: Rao's Lemon Chicken by Old Bay (Good idea....)
Sounds very good, a torch is a good idea, Jean.

On the list to try AND buy.

PJ
PJ