Plum Baby Cakes
  Re: (...)
This is another of Chef Anna Olson's recipes.

1/2 C butter
1/2 cup sugar
5 Tbsp brown sugar (2 Tbsp + 3 Tbsp for topping)
2 eggs
2 tsp lemon zest
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 C buttermilk
1 C AP flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
4 black or red plums, each sliced into 6 wedges

Preheat oven to 350F.

Cream butter and sugar and 2 Tbsp brown sugar until fluffy.
Beat in eggs, orange zest and vanilla.
Stir in buttermilk.
In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, and salt. Add to butter mixture and incorporate.
Spoon batter evenly into 12 greased miffin tins. Place 2 plum wedges in the centre of each cake, and press gently, so as not to press the plum all the way to the bottom of the tin. Sprinkle tops of plums with the remaining 3 Tbsp brown sugar.
Bake for 15 - 20 minutes, until cake is golden brown around the plums.
Cool for 10 minutes before removing from tin.

Notes

I didn't have buttermilk, so added vinegar to 1% milk. It started to curdle, so I closed my eyes and turned the KA to high. Was OK once I added the flour.

I used small Italian plums, so only cut them in half, then added another small wedge in the middle.

The batter didn't seem like much in the pans, but it rose and was fine.

Try to sprinkle the brown sugar evenly over the tops. Use your fingers, not a spoon like I did. I was tempted to add a bit of cinnamon, but I liked the 3 I ate just fine without it.

I froze them in individual bags so we can take them to work for lunch. Otherwise, I would have eaten them all.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Plum Baby Cakes by Lorraine (This is another of C...)
thanks Lorraine - not to try to find some plums in this burg...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Plum Baby Cakes by cjs (thanks Lorraine - no...)
Saw some beautiful plums yesterday so quickly picked them up 'cause I remember you had posted something.....

I've just spent a long time looking for this - it had better be good!!!!

Some gorgeous peaches also, and again, I can't remember what I wanted to do with them...... God, I miss my mind!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Plum Baby Cakes by cjs (Saw some beautiful p...)
If you've ever made Jim's Cinnamon Plum Cake and liked it, these are very similar.

Peach cobbler????
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Plum Baby Cakes by Lorraine (If you've ever made ...)
can't remember - off the track completely, I just noticed this -

"7 registered and 71 anonymous users are browsing this forum. "

WOW!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Plum Baby Cakes by cjs (can't remember - off...)
now what do those anonymous guys do---just think about the dialogue with that number----mind boggling!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Plum Baby Cakes by Roxanne 21 (now what do those an...)
Quote:

now what do those anonymous guys do---

Have you ever looked near the bottom of the board, where you can see who in this forum is on (us, registered members), just under us is the list of all the "anonymous" people who are on, and over to the far right it shows you WHERE they are and WHAT they are DOING!!!

I don't like it when I see them "VIEWING/READING A MEMBERS PROFILE". That's where they can go take a peek-see at who we are, what we do, etc., etc. Don't know about any of you, but I don't like that part of the deal. I went and erased everything in my profile. (Perhaps it has something to do with my being an ID fraud victim, don't know, but just don't like that they can find out things about us, no matter how "generic" it may seem.)

They remain "anonymous" for a reason........
Vive Bene! Spesso L'Amore! Di Risata Molto!

Buon Appetito!

Linda
  Re: Re: Plum Baby Cakes by MUSICMAKER ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Quote:

Have you ever looked near the bottom of the board, where you can see who in this forum is on (us, registered members), just under us is the list of all the "anonymous" people who are on, and over to the far right it shows you WHERE they are and WHAT they are DOING!!!

I don't like it when I see them "VIEWING/READING A MEMBERS PROFILE". That's where they can go take a peek-see at who we are, what we do, etc., etc. Don't know about any of you, but I don't like that part of the deal. They remain "anonymous" for a reason........

Oh, uh, that might have been me. I was on a different computer and couldn't log in to save my life. I was trying to see if I could PM someone but I couldn't. Sorry to creep you out if that was me you saw "lurking".
Tammy
  Re: Re: Plum Baby Cakes by TwilightKitten ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Thanks for telling us Tammy! That sort of gave me the "woolies" when I read Linda's post. But then, it's kind of creepy that 71 people were lurking around anonymously anyway. I kind of wish that everyone had to register and verify their registration.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Plum Baby Cakes by MUSICMAKER ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Quote:

They remain "anonymous" for a reason........

Many users choose to remain anonymous because of the very things you don't like - not to spy upon anyone, but to prevent others from spying upon them.

If you go to "My Home" and click on the "Edit" link next to "Personal information, email, password, etc.," you will find the following options near the bottom of the page:
  • Do you want to be visible on the "Who's Online" screen?
  • Do you want users to see the actual forum/post you are looking at?
If you have those set to "Yes," then people are able to see that information in the "Who's Online" page. If you choose "No," they will NOT be able to see it.

Thus, if you are concerned about that information, you should set those options to "No." Just be aware that if you say "No" to the first one, you, too, will show up as "anonymous," and everyone else will wonder what YOU are doing.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?