Old-Fashioned Butter Pecan Ice Cream
  Re: (...)
This is from an old book, "Joy of Ice Cream" which has some wonderful ideas in it. I had some heavy cream which was fast approaching the delete date, so what's a person to do?????

BUTTER PECAN ICE CREAM
makes 1 qt.

1/4 cup butter
3/4 cup chopped pecans
3/4 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 cup half-&-half (I used canned milk - no 1/2 & 1/2)
1 large egg, lightly beaten
2 cups heavy cream
dash of salt

Melt 2 T. of the buter in a skillet and saute the pecans till lightly browned. Drain on paper towels.

Place brown sugar, 1/2&1/2, and remaining butter in a heavy saucepan.

Heat over low heat, stirring steadily, until the sugar dissolves and the butter is melted. Let cool.

Place the egg and butter mixture into a blender and blend on med. speed till the miture is smooth.

Slowly add the cream and salt, and continue blending on low speed till mixture is very smooth, about 30 seconds.
Add pecans.

Tansfer the mixture to your ice-cream machine and freeze accoringly.

---

What a wonderful treat this is!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Old-Fashioned Butter Pecan Ice Cream by cjs (This is from an old ...)
Jean, I'm thinking this would be great on top of one of his bread puddings. Printed it out and in my "Take' folder. Thanks!!!!! (He just bought 3 new ice cream makers)
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Old-Fashioned Butter Pecan Ice Cream by Lorraine (Jean, I'm thinking t...)
Oh Lorraine, it is so good and especially after being so good about eating frozen yogurt so much!! I gave two portions to neighbors to be a little good, but we finished the last of it last night. Wouldn't it be good on a bread pudding....wow.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com