REVIEW-Prosciutto Frizzled Fish w/ Garlicky Spinac
  Re: (...)
Made the Prosciutto Frizzled Fish w/ Garlicky Spinach last night from Weeknight Menus II. I selected this recipe mainly because we had prosciutto leftover from the Saltimbocca recipe from last week.

This is very simple and rated an "excellent" from three of four at dinner last night. The 17-year-old daughter doesn't care for spinach or fish, so we discount her vote. Hubby, the boyfriend and I loved it!

I bought Alaskan halibut and followed the recipe, except I didn't use all of the red pepper flakes it called for in the spinach recipe. 2 Tablespoons of minced garlic for 9 oz of spinach is definitely garlicky! You could probably use one and it would be good.

For a side, we had planned a rice pilaf, but instead served leftover barley risotto with roasted tomatoes from the night before. They actually went together nicely.

Only complaint was that it used 3 pans for such a simple recipe. But then again, I cook and hubby usually cleans up, so I guess that shouldn't matter much!
  Re: REVIEW-Prosciutto Frizzled Fish w/ Garlicky Spinac by HomeCulinarian (Made the Prosciutto ...)
Thanks HC, this sounds really good.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: REVIEW-Prosciutto Frizzled Fish w/ Garlicky Spinac by Mare749 (Thanks HC, this soun...)
"Hubby, the boyfriend and I"

My God, you have a hubby AND a boyfriend??? How lucky are you, lady!

This is one I've been wanting to make - glad it's a good one.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: REVIEW-Prosciutto Frizzled Fish w/ Garlicky Spinac by cjs ("Hubby, the boyfrien...)
Took me a minute, too, Jean!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: REVIEW-Prosciutto Frizzled Fish w/ Garlicky Spinac by pjcooks (Took me a minute, to...)
I must have missed that one in the book. I've been looking for different fish recipes, and this sounds like a good one. Thanks!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: REVIEW-Prosciutto Frizzled Fish w/ Garlicky Spinac by HomeCulinarian (Made the Prosciutto ...)
ISSUE II GEESH---WHHHAAAAAA!!!!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: REVIEW-Prosciutto Frizzled Fish w/ Garlicky Spinac by Roxanne 21 (ISSUE II GEESH-...)
I made this for supper last night, and we all loved it. Will definitely make it again. My only concern is that halibut seems to have gone through the roof here. Has anyone else noticed that?
  Re: Re: REVIEW-Prosciutto Frizzled Fish w/ Garlicky Spinac by Lorraine (I made this for supp...)
I still have some in the freezer, so haven't noticed the price up here. (maybe should have bought more)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: REVIEW-Prosciutto Frizzled Fish w/ Garlicky Spinac by cjs (I still have some in...)
Three little pieces cost me $22.00. It was really good fish, but....
  Re: Re: REVIEW-Prosciutto Frizzled Fish w/ Garlicky Spinac by Lorraine (Three little pieces ...)
geez, I'll have to look next time. I'm not to up on prices lately.

You know this is completely off the wall, but since we've been retired, Roy has taken over most of the grocery shopping!! He used to like to go with me when I would go at night or weekends, but now he seems to need to go out every darn day of the week for something, so he's taking that 'chore' over. And the funny thing is, as I mention this phenomenon (phenomena? ) to others, the same thing is happening in most retired homes. How surprising is that?

He's on first name basis with all the clerks around here...and they all are so willing to go up and down the aisles with him, cell phone to his ear, to find out 'What I really want". It's a riot.
www.achefsjourney.com