Well, the 90th Birthday is Tomorrow!
  Re: (...)
Can you imagine a person living through all the fantastic things developed/invented/whatever that my Mother has??

Just finished all the baking for her sweet tooth and we're off tomorrow to take her out to her favorite seafood restaurant for lunch. And to put all her goodies in the freezer for her.

She will Lubkuchen, which I did post the recipe for, some pkgs. of peach cobbler and lots of pieces of PeanutButter Rice Krispies treats. Everyone in the world has this recipe don't they??? One of our family favorites since I was a kid, or at leat a teen, maybe??

PEANUT BUTTER RICE KRISPIES TREATS

3 T. butter
1 pkg. regular marshmallows -- (10 oz.) (about 40)
or 4 cups. Miniature marshmallows
6 cups Rice Krispies
1/2 cup peanut butter
Pam

Melt butter in large saucepan over low heat. Add marshmallows & stir till completely melted. Remove from heat. Stir in p.butter, mixing till smooth.
Add Rice Krispies. Stir till well coated.

Using buttered spatula or waxed paper, press mixture evenly into a 3-qt. rectangular pan coated with pam. Cut into 2 squares when cool.

MICROWAVE DIRECTIONS:
In a large bowl, microwave butter & marshmallows and HIGH 2 minutes. Stir to combine. Zap at HIGH 1 min. longer. Stir till smooth. Add cereal. Stir till well coated. Press into pan as directed.

-----

Everyone have a wonderful weekend (we all know Rox will!!) and please while I'm gone why don't chaall choose our next dinner.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Well, the 90th Birthday is Tomorrow! by cjs (Can you imagine a pe...)
The Peanut Butter Rice Krispies is one of Marilee's favorite desserts too.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Well, the 90th Birthday is Tomorrow! by cjs (Can you imagine a pe...)
Congrats to your Mom on her 90th!! Quite a milestone. It sounds like you have a wonderful time planned, lots of goodies to sweeten up her 90th year on earth

My grandmother is coming up from Florida in a few weeks, coinciding with the engagement party I'm throwing for both my son and my nephew. She just turned 97, is flying up by herself. Wonderful, isn't it?

Have a fantastic time with your Mom, relax a bit, enjoy!!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Well, the 90th Birthday is Tomorrow! by bjcotton (The Peanut Butter Ri...)
Happy 90th to Jean's Mom----what an achievement that is---wonderful beyond words!!!

Enjoy the celebration---one we should all wish to have!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Well, the 90th Birthday is Tomorrow! by Roxanne 21 (Happy 90th to Jean's...)
I've never had them, Jean!! But, WOW, my Mother is older than yours!!! LOL Have a great time tomorrow!!! and take pictures!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Well, the 90th Birthday is Tomorrow! by Lorraine (I've never had them,...)
Jean, enjoy your time with your mom, and sweeten up her sweet tooth. Wow, 90! That is awsome!
  Re: Re: Well, the 90th Birthday is Tomorrow! by coco hernandez (Jean, enjoy your tim...)
What a great day we had with my mother yesterday - I'm so lucky to still have her in my life, even though she can't remember all the things she so wants to remember (and I wish she did). But, she remembers she loves to go out to eat!!

[Image: MOMSBDAY.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Well, the 90th Birthday is Tomorrow! by cjs (What a great day we ...)
What a great picture. Glad you all had a wondeful day!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Well, the 90th Birthday is Tomorrow! by luvnit (What a great picture...)
Jean, you really are soooo lucky! Happy Birthday to your mom. That's a beautiful picture, you will cherish it forever!

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Well, the 90th Birthday is Tomorrow! by cjs (What a great day we ...)
What a lovely pair you are--enjoy her as long as you can. My Jane had an Aunt Jean who lived to be 97. She attributed her longevity to "a sunny disposition and sweet peach snuff". She was from South Carolina. Happy Birthday!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".