Review of Chicken and Drop Dumplings
  Re: (...)
Made this last night and it was really nice. The only suggestion is only use 1 ts of salt for dumplings instead of the 2 listed because they were pretty salty but everything else was just spot on. Even my husband who was very hesitate to try because he thought my chicken dumpling recipe was good. It was definitely the small details like the wine, and lemon juice and the buttermilk in the dumplings that make this recipe. They are just enough to notice but not so much that they change the essential taste of what you would expect from Chicken and Dumplings. This is right up there with the flank steak skewers from last issue and the lemon honey berry tart from last summer that I will probably make several times a month.
  Re: Review of Chicken and Drop Dumplings by Emmasmum (Made this last night...)
Thanks Emmasmum, I was looking at those chicken and dumpling recipes in this months issue. We'll be giving this one a try soon!
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Review of Chicken and Drop Dumplings by farnfam (Thanks Emmasmum, I ...)
I've been eyeing the 'noodle' dumplings on the previous page - will probably do one or the other soon.

Re the saltiness, E'smum, do you use kosher salt? If not, that could have been the problem.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Review of Chicken and Drop Dumplings by cjs (I've been eyeing the...)
Actually yeah I did. Kosher and Maldon Sea Salt are what I use primarily for cooking(unless it states table salt). It was actually because of c@H that I bought a thing of table salt in years. And I think that the one thing that made it seem so noticeable was the tartness of the buttermilk, but like I said still fantastic.
  Re: Re: Review of Chicken and Drop Dumplings by cjs (I've been eyeing the...)
I just sent my hubby to the store to buy ingredients for the Chicken and Noodle Dumplings. I thought they sounded good too. After we do them I will post my review of the recipe. The Drop Dumplings looked good to, but I was looking at the creamy sauce with the Noodle Dumplings and that won me over.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Review of Chicken and Drop Dumplings by luvnit (I just sent my hubby...)
waiting with bated breath.... (hope you like it, 'cause it's sure on my list.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Review of Chicken and Drop Dumplings by cjs (waiting with bated b...)
Anyone have these recipes handy? I can't find the issue its in.
  Re: Re: Review of Chicken and Drop Dumplings by matymaty (Anyone have these re...)
I still have out of town guests, but if someone else doesn't post these recipes in the next couple of days, I would be glad to. (but, you may have to remind me - I have CRS these days)

And welcome to the forum maty!! How fun to come home and see all the new folks around here!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Review of Chicken and Drop Dumplings by Emmasmum (Made this last night...)
I just knew you all were going to get a jump start on me--since I don't have my subscription yet! Funny, I didn't see this post til this a.m. but I already bought a chicken yesterday to do chicken and dumplings (the southern kind--which is more like a noodle). It's still a little chilly here in Tampa and feel like some comfort food tonight. I am anxious to compare my standard favorite recipe with the one in C@H.
Madeline