Two questions-truffle oil online, roasted potatoes
  Re: (...)
Two questions here, please. First, does anyone have a suggestion of where to buy truffle oil, preferably online? I don't think we have anything locally where I can go and buy it. In fact, any recommendations of a good online store for any gourmet items? Second question - any good recipes or recommendations for making roasted potatoes? My husband's birthday dinner is tonight and he wants them to be crispy on the outside and tasty. (I haven't made them before, so will be trying this anew!)

Thanks!!
  Re: Two questions-truffle oil online, roasted potatoes by carolekv (Two questions here, ...)
I use Club Sauce a lot.

http://www.clubsauce.com/Truffles-tp2-5.html

They have nice products.
Chef de Cuisine
The Cowboy and The Rose Catering

USMC Sgt 1979-1985
  Re: Re: Two questions-truffle oil online, roasted potatoes by bbally (I use Club Sauce a l...)
When I roast potatoes, I preheat the pan and the oil in the oven, then add the potatoes. Have a good dinner!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Two questions-truffle oil online, roasted potatoes by carolekv (Two questions here, ...)
Carole, you can get a LOT of hard to find items, including the truffles, at King Arthur Flour Reasonable, too. They have different varieties and they ***** out QUICK! A credit card order placed today will be in your mailbox within 5 days with no extra "express" shipping costs. They have a LOT of neat stuff for your cooking and baking needs. You can also get any spice in the world (literally) from Penzey's . Don't think I've seen truffles with them, however, but they also have a few gourmet items. They do gift baskets and some other things. Check them out, too. I have been ordering from both these places for eons and have never had a problem. Both are small companies; King Arthur is employee "owned" and Penzey's is a family biz. You can even phone both of these with any questions, even about cooking!

With regard to your potatoes, I posted a recipe here a few days ago, "not your everyday roasted spud" or something like that. Those are great...what you are looking for, crispy on the outside and lusciously creamy inside. Don't be fooled by the addition of the chicken stock...when I first made them, thought this, but no...crispy, golden outer and hot creamy inner. You can add herbs and spices of your choosing (like rosemary...) but I don't think they need any more than what they are. You won't be disappointed with them! Hope those 2 sources have what you need!

Good luck with your dinner!
  Re: Re: Two questions-truffle oil online, roasted potatoes by Lorraine (When I roast potatoe...)
I have ordered the truffle oil from King Arthurs----awesome!!! BTW--they also have a ton of other ingredients as well----just go on line and check it out. I don't think you will be disappointed with any purchase!!

Roasted potatoes---cut your baking potatoes into 8 wedges lengthwise--toss with olice oil and place on a baking sheet---place in 425 degree oven for 20 minutes---toss in some fresh herbs and freshly ground pepper and roast another 15-20 minutes, until roasted golden brown and crisp---simple and comes out beautifully everytime!!! ENJOY your dinner!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Two questions-truffle oil online, roasted potatoes by Roxanne 21 (I have ordered the t...)
other ideas for ordering online - Penzey's and igourmet. both have wonderful products. I've not tried Linda's method for roasting potatoes, but I do as Roxanne does quite often - you can even do them on your grill, if you're grillling something else also.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Two questions-truffle oil online, roasted potatoes by cjs (other ideas for orde...)
Quote:

other ideas for ordering online - Penzey's and igourmet.

Quote:

You can also get any spice in the world (literally) from Penzey's.

.....ok, stay with us here, Jean!
Vive Bene! Spesso L'Amore! Di Risata Molto!

Buon Appetito!

Linda
  Re: Re: Two questions-truffle oil online, roasted potatoes by MUSICMAKER ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Hello, Hello....earth to Jean....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Two questions-truffle oil online, roasted potatoes by cjs (Hello, Hello....eart...)
Jean, go back and take a peek at the post re your video!!! Having a bad day, are you?!
Vive Bene! Spesso L'Amore! Di Risata Molto!

Buon Appetito!

Linda
  Re: Re: Two questions-truffle oil online, roasted potatoes by MUSICMAKER (Jean, go back and ta...)
That's okay, Jean----we are all entitled to a CRS moment!!!

I don't think we could survive without them!!! Makes it that much more special, HUH??? And we can have a chuckle at your expense!!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy