Stress Reduction
  Re: (...)
Fredia and I had planned on getting a more comfortable car to make our frequent trips back and forth to Portland. We were driving a '92 Honda Civic...pretty uncomfortable to drive 175 miles each way. Well, the day after she died my Buddy dog and I were driving around and we decided to stop and look at the cars we were considering. At our first stop we were shown a '98 Buick LeSabre, 80,000 miles, with 100% parts and labor guaranteed for 3 months or 3,000 miles. I bought it!

[Image: 98BuickLeSabre-1.jpg]

[Image: 98BuickLeSabre-2.jpg]

The memory of Fredia talking about the rough riding Civic was so strong I couldn't pass it up. I just drove it to Portland and back averaging 27.6 miles to the gallon. This car has everything except an electric toothbrush.

I just wanted to share this with all of you who shared their energy, compassion, and love with us throughout Fredia's illness.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Stress Reduction by bjcotton (Fredia and I had pla...)
Wouldn't Fredia want you to have a Buick? I've driven Buicks for 25 years--the Chinese like them too. It has nothing to do with lead paint either. Stay well.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Stress Reduction by Old Bay (Wouldn't Fredia want...)
Billy, that car looks mint! I'll bet it rides like a dream too. Love Buicks. We've had three and they always had a good ride and held up really well too. Enjoy yourself, you certainly deserve it.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
That's a great car, Billy. I've owned two LeSabres and we put over 200,000 miles on one of them. My only complaint is that they are boring - but it is a very reliable car.
  Re: Re: Stress Reduction by lxxf (That's a great car, ...)
That is a beautiful car, Billy.
  Re: Re: Stress Reduction by coco hernandez (That is a beautiful ...)
Hmmm, I just got used to the other car comin' up the drive....

that's good, Billy, it's fun to get a 'new' car.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Very cool Billy! Having a comfortable, reliable vehicle is really important. I'll print out the picture and stick it on the front door so that we'll recognize it when you pull up!!!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Stress Reduction by Mare749 (Billy, that car look...)
I think I had a Buick Electra in my former life---that was a VERY comfortable car.

Good for you, Billy!!! Fredia was beautiful, too!!!

ENJOY!!!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Stress Reduction by Roxanne 21 (I think I had a Buic...)
Good for you Billy!!! I've bought out the lease on two of my SIL's LeSabres. We've been really happy with them. Betcha Buddy is too!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Stress Reduction by Lorraine (Good for you Billy!!...)
An Electra, Roadmaster, or a Wildcat has always been my dream. I have had a 1965 Oldsmobile 98 Luxury Sedan, a 1976 Cadillac Sedan de Ville, and a 1977 Chrystler New Yorker, but never a big Buick. This isn't one of the biggest ones, but I'm happy. Buddy doesn't know what to do with all the room in the back seat. Instead of stretching out he sat up with his head on the back of the seat most of the trip to Portland and back. I even let Paul drive it today...only 8 miles, but that was enough
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy