I haven't recovered from FoxTV yet and now this
  Re: (...)
Just as I was leaving work on Friday at 4PM I was handed new job orders, last minute from MTV, the Choose or Lose campaign. Yup, the Dems now, and at the last min they want a hot lunch and dinner for 100 on Tuesday, the same for 150 on Wed and a hot breakfast and hot lunch for 150 on Thur. As well as our reg events. Could they choose anything simple? Hell, no, they want the whole 9 yards, steak and shrimp and the like. 3 of us in the kitchen tomorrow, hopefully 4 on Wed and Thur. Oh, and then John Edwards is having something, too, another dinner for 100.

Well, I complained about the Reps, now I'm glad they had pasta and sandwiches. (except for the 2000 hors d'ouvres

I'm having my Murphy bed installed tomorrow (Someone else must know what that is besides me, it's not just cuz that's my last name)

PJ
PJ
  Re: I haven't recovered from FoxTV yet and now this by pjcooks (Just as I was leavin...)
I've lived in several apartments with Murphy beds! Loved the idea - but they weren't very comfortable. I guess I've dated myself!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: I haven't recovered from FoxTV yet and now this by pjcooks (Just as I was leavin...)
I will raise my hand also. I remember Murphy beds. I agree they were a great idea, but there is a reason they are not commonplace.

"Invented by William L. Murphy applied for a patent for the Murphy bed in April 1, 1916 and was granted Design Patent D49,273 on June 27, 1916. Murphy started the Murphy Wall Bed Company and began production in San Francisco. In January 1990, the company changed its name to the "Murphy Bed Co. Inc." ~Wikipedia
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: I haven't recovered from FoxTV yet and now this by luvnit (I will raise my hand...)
Slept in a Murphy Bed on our vacation to Disney World a few years ago -- Wilderness Village cabin. Not too bad!
  Re: Re: I haven't recovered from FoxTV yet and now this by HomeCulinarian (Slept in a Murphy Be...)
Oh yes, I remember those beds. Haven't slept on one in years though...and I'm very grateful.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: I haven't recovered from FoxTV yet and now this by bjcotton (Oh yes, I remember t...)
Billy, I can identify with your signature - about five years ago I sprung for a Tempurpedic bed, hoping to relieve chronic back pain. Well, it didn't quite work, but I have fallen in love with this bed, and I hate to sleep elsewhere. I see no reason not to sleep in a Murphy bed if it has a Tempurpedic mattress.
  Re: Re: I haven't recovered from FoxTV yet and now thi by lxxf (Billy, I can identif...)
I have seen them but never slept on them and hope I never have to.

I remember an episode of Lavern and Shirley when they got stuck in one and that was enough for me
  Re: Re: I haven't recovered from FoxTV yet and now thi by lxxf (Billy, I can identif...)
Quote:

...hoping to relieve chronic back pain.

This is not a perfect solution, but it surprising how much it can help: stand with your back against the wall, and place a tennis ball between the wall and your back at the point you wish to "massage." Then, just push up against the tennis ball as lightly or firmly as you like and roll it around, back and forth, or up and down.

When I used to work at a desk job, I always kept a tennis ball in my desk drawer for this purpose. Once, one of my co-workers saw me and thought I was crazy until I told him to try it. After that, he would periodically come to my desk and ask to borrow the tennis ball. LOL!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: I haven't recovered from FoxTV yet and now thi by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I love murphy beds!!!! When my neice had her very small condo in Old Montreal, she had one made. When closed, it looked like an antique French armoire.

Good luck this week!!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: I haven't recovered from FoxTV yet and now thi by Lorraine (I love murphy beds!!...)
Your work is really cut out for you PJ!! Wish I was there to keep my hand in and help!!

We were always going to install a Murphy bed in a guest room, but never got around to it.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com