Dental pain is no fun
  Re: (...)
Haven't said anything about this for the last week, but my teeth were hurting, so I went to the dentist.

Not sure if it's the lack of fluoride in the water here (though we do have fluoride toothpaste), or what, but I needed EIGHT fillings! I've NEVER had this much trouble before.

It gets worse, though: a week ago, when the dentist tried to start on the fillings, the Novocaine just didn't help, so we got nothing done. Since then, I've gone back for additional appointments where she successfully filled the others, and the last one was supposed to be done today.

Well, again, the Novocaine didn't work, so she's referring me to an endodontist for a root canal.

Thus, the pain continues, and more $$$ are down the drain (and I'm not, exactly, on a high budget here - this will be about one and a half times what a whole month's expenses would usually cost).

Please pray for my withstanding this pain and, since there is still some pain in an upper tooth, as well (the problem is in a lower tooth on the same side), that I will only need the ONE root canal, and that that additional pain is just an extension of what I'm feeling in the lower tooth.

If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Dental pain is no fun by labradors (Haven't said anythin...)
Ouch - that's a miserable story. I will add you to my prayer list for a successful procedure and quick relief from the pain.
Oh, you definately get my sympathy on this one. I had a root canal done a few years ago. No, it really wasn't that bad, I just hate having dental work done. But, it is so necessary. What you are going through is something we all seem to go through sooner or later. You can go for years without needing much more than a cleaning, then all the sudden you're going to the dentist for a couple of things.
It's worth it though, studies are proving that our dental health affects our overall physical health as well. Well, take good care, Labradors. Hope you are feeling better very soon.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Dental pain is no fun by Mare749 (Oh, you definately g...)
Oh ouch! Hope all goes well for you...and soon.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Dental pain is no fun by cjs (Oh ouch! Hope all go...)
" Dental pain is no fun "

Sure isn't. Hope it all works out for you. It sure is expensive, but well worth it.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Dental pain is no fun by Lorraine (" Dental pain is no ...)
Thanks, everyone. My next appointment is tomorrow, so today I just have to suffer through it. Of course, since tomorrow is Friday, that may mean that I'll have to wait until Monday to go to the endodontist.
  Re: Re: Dental pain is no fun by labradors (Thanks, everyone. M...)
Oh my! I really feel for you. Dentists aren't on my list of favorite people. I'll be saying a prayer that your procedure goes smoothly and you're soon out of pain!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
Lab, I just read your post a little more closely. The Novacaine didn't take so he's doing a root canal? My ex hus and one of my kids need a different way of injecting Novacaine so it works. We found a dentist here who knew how to do it, but I guess you don't have the resources down there, do you?

I wouldn't let them do a root canal unless one was indicated, not because the Novacaine didn't work! Perhaps I'm missing part of the story here, if so, please forgive

Hope you can feel better soon, how can you stay so witty while in pain?

PJ
PJ
Good luck. I'm such a baby I have to have valium, nitrous oxide and novacaine and I swear I can feel every nerve in body screaming in agony. During all this I can still tell bad jokes.

Did you hear about the Buddhist who refused novacaine for a root canal?

He wanted to transcend dental medication.
  Re: Re: Dental pain is no fun by lxxf (Good luck. I'm such...)
Well, the root canal is scheduled for 8AM (local time = GMT-6) tomorrow morning.

I guess the theory is that if multiple injections of Novocaine are not enough, then it must be deep enough to require a root canal.