Rosemary-Garlic Chicken Skewers - Issue 64
  Re: (...)
Tried another new for us recipe from [Email]C@H[/Email] this week - Rosemary-Garlic Chicken Skewers from Issue 64.

It is bone-in, chicken thighs simmered in doctored chicken broth, skewered, then grilled with the Rosemary Garlic Sauce. I also made the grilled lemons and simple black beans as recommended, then filtered the chicken broth and used it to make rice. The fire was a little hot, so some of the pieces were charred a bit, nevertheless, the chicken dish was rated very good by hubby and daughter (the former boyfriend is no longer coming around -- he was an adventurous eater for his age, we'll miss him for that) The Black beans were really good, too. They just didn't seem to go with the chicken. I'd make the Greek orzo, or creamy orzo and grilled asparagus with it next time.

PS Am I the only one that is frustrated by the search feature on this site!! It makes you wait between tries. Never seen anything like it before.
  Re: Rosemary-Garlic Chicken Skewers - Issue 64 by HomeCulinarian (Tried another new fo...)
HomeCulinarian, thank you for the review. Those do look good. I might try them soon, but with boneless thighs, being very careful not to overcook them.

I am also frustrated with the search feature. Every time I try to search for something I always make a mistake, and when I go back to correct it I can't search again right away. I just give up after that.
  Re: Re: Rosemary-Garlic Chicken Skewers - Issue 64 by coco hernandez (HomeCulinarian, than...)
Maybe I'm just slower than you two, but I haven't found a problem with the search...

I've had this page marked for some time - it sure looks good. Did you make the Salsa? Maybe that would have tied in the black beans and the chicken???
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Rosemary-Garlic Chicken Skewers - Issue 64 by cjs (Maybe I'm just slowe...)
Thanks for the review HC. I haven't noticed a problem with the search feature yet, but I haven't used it all that much either. What I did learn is that I couldn't keep going back to "active topics" after each post. I could do it once, but after that I would have to go to main index, then general discussion, then cooking. After several mistakes, I finally remember to just go to the top of the page and hit cooking, which takes me back to the list of posts. Does that make sense?

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Rosemary-Garlic Chicken Skewers - Issue 64 by Mare749 (Thanks for the revie...)
Generally, when working with search results, I find it easier to open the individual results by clicking on them with my middle mouse button so they open in new tabs. If you don't have a middle mouse button (often built into pressing the scroll wheel, if your mouse has that), then you can right-click on the links and select "open in new tab." If you don't have Firefox (or if you're using an old version of Internet Explorer that doesn't have tabs), then select "open in new window."

By opening the individual results that way, the original search results are still available in the window/tab in which you originally received them, so you don't have to bounce around quite as much.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Rosemary-Garlic Chicken Skewers - Issue 64 by cjs (Maybe I'm just slowe...)
Didn't make the salsa - that may have tied it all together better.
  Re: Re: Rosemary-Garlic Chicken Skewers - Issue 64 by labradors (Generally, when work...)
I don't have any problems if I get good results maneuvering among the posts. The difficulty is that if you get a null set or want to try different terms or date ranges, you have to wait "a few minutes" before being allowed to run another search.
  Re: Search Feature by HomeCulinarian (I don't have any pro...)
No Mare, it doesn't make sense. Nor do do any other posts on this thread. I would be seriously worried if it did, I might be sinking into the unrecoverable mire of technology.
  Re: Re: Search Feature by vannin (No Mare, it doesn't ...)
Most forum programs force one to wait a certain amount of time before conducting another search. This is due to the additional work that the search causes for the system's processor, and to prevent having someone chew up all the available processing time and bandwidth. Without those delays, it would be possible for people to render the site unusable to other people.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Search Feature by vannin (No Mare, it doesn't ...)
Quote:

No Mare, it doesn't make sense. Nor do do any other posts on this thread. I would be seriously worried if it did, I might be sinking into the unrecoverable mire of technology.

It's a slippery slope, Dale!

PJ
PJ