Fresh Tomatoes
  Re: (...)
There's probbly one posted here somewhere,maybe?
I need a recipe for Marinara Sauce or the like but made from fresh tomatoes.
A friend gave me a bag full, mostly Roma's. Slipping the skins is the pain in the butt part. How do you all handle fresh tomatoes?
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Fresh Tomatoes by farnfam (There's probbly one ...)
Cis, not being a purist, I just exchange fresh for the same amount of canned - skins and all. I either chop before, or use my wand to chop up later.

Do you need a marinara recipe also? we did post some on someone's thread a while back....was it yours? can't remember -
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Fresh Tomatoes by cjs (Cis, not being a pur...)
Thanks Jean, it's good to know a pro like you isn't a purist either. Makes me feel in good company LOL
Think I'm going to do that roasted recipe that HC reminded me was in Perfect Pasta.
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Fresh Tomatoes by farnfam (There's probbly one ...)
We like to make "Summer Sauce". Fresh tomatoes, diced, add diced onion, fresh herbs (rosemary, basil & thyme), minced garlic, olive oil, dash of red wine vinegar, salt, pepper. Let it marinate while prepare the pasta. Add the hot drained pasta to the sauce add parmessan shavings! Yum!
  Re: Re: Fresh Tomatoes by HomeCulinarian (We like to make "Sum...)
As Jean does---use the fresh instead of canned----fresher!!!

Lucky devil you---FRESH TOMATOES???? We have them here but they are not the best quality---great for sauces though--- A bit of basil or oregano or ..... yummmm!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy