Lamb?
  Re: (...)
I didn't think so, until I ate Sharon's last night. We had Braised Lamb shanks and polenta, both were delicious. I was very hesitant, expecting not to care for it, actually I expected to hate it but it smelled soooooooo good and tasted just as wonderful. I brought down three bottles of wine from the Roseburg area vineyards and we had the Pinot Noir with the lamb last night. I've pretty much lost my taste for wine, but Bob and Sharon said it was very good.

We're supposed to make a souffle in the next while and then I'll make them my infamous stir-fried vegetables with rice. Talk to you later!

I am so comfortable here, and so is Buddy. Expected him to be driven nuts by the pugs, but they all just ignore one another and he stretches out in everyone's was just like he does at home. Met their vet Dr. Ted, what a wonderful man and even Buddy liked him...he hates all vets

I was only planning on staying about 3 days, now I just might move in Really though, I've extended my stay to stay a week, maybe more
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Lamb? by bjcotton (I didn't think so, u...)
So glad you are having such a wonderful time, Billy. I was worried about Buddy also, and I'm glad to hear the pugs are okay with him being there. Keep us posted on all your adventures while you are there.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Lamb? by Mare749 (So glad you are havi...)
LOVE LAMB!!!! Now what cut did you have and how was it prepared???

I just knew that Buddy would be okay there---how could it be anything else??!!?? Friends are friends!!!

Enjoy your downtime, Billy-----nice to hear that you having a relaxing, regrouping time!!!

Keep us posted------
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Lamb? by Roxanne 21 (LOVE LAMB!!!! Now w...)
We browned the lamb shanks with salt pork, then added coffee and red wine [shiraz], pepper, thyme, paprika, garlic powder marjoram, Turkish oregano mixed in with the flour we dredged the shanks in before browning, let it simmer a while, added carrots, onions, mushrooms, covered it and let it simmer until everything was tender and the broth was thickened, finished it with beurre manie and then added fresh oregano, basil, parsley, and thyme. She also made a rye bread [I hate rye bread] that was sooooo good I'll have to make it. Served it with polenta. It was all wonderful. I'm making them the White Pepper and Ginger Lemon Cake for dessert tonight to go with leftovers.

Tomorrow we're going SHOPPING at a local chinese store.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Lamb? by bjcotton (We browned the lamb ...)
In issue #20 there is a recipe for boneless leg of lamb served with white beans. It is very good and worth a look if you're going to explore more lamb recipes.
  Re: Re: Lamb? by HomeCulinarian (In issue #20 there i...)
"We're supposed to make a souffle in the next while" - I expect to be served a souffle when you get up here, mister!!

Sounds great! group hugs to ya'all from P.A.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Lamb? by cjs ("We're supposed to m...)
Lamb indeed, I had 3 frenched lamb chops for my lunch yesterday. Tiny, perfect. But you told me you would be sick if I gave you lamb or fish Billy. What a wasted opportunity.
  Re: Re: Lamb? by vannin (Lamb indeed, I had 3...)
Here is a recipe of Lamb from my Persian friend. I make that ALL the time...the best Kabobs i have ever had.

1 leg lamb-cut into chunks ( similar size to beef stew pieces)
1 very large onion or 2 med ones purred in the food processor
1 jar of plain yougury\t (32oz)
pepper, salt and cayenne pepper to taste.

mixed purred onions, spices and yogurt. Add Lamb and marinade for at least 4 hours. I usually do overnight. Grill and enjoy.
  Re: Re: Lamb? by piano226 (Here is a recipe of ...)
Hi there, Piano!! How easy can you get and it looks like it would be tasty!! copied.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Lamb? by cjs (Hi there, Piano!! Ho...)
Another 'anonymous' was checking out this thread - where the heck has Piano been? Anyone heard from her?

Glad to be reminded of her lamb kebobs, I have a couple legs of lamb in the freezer...
www.achefsjourney.com