Asian Market
  Re: (...)
Sharon and I just got back from the store. We bought beef Fillet Million (Filet Mignon) for $5.99 a pound and Pork Tenderloin for $2.99 a pound. I hate those stores! I rang out at the checkout counter for $99.71
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Asian Market by bjcotton (Sharon and I just go...)
Quote:

I rang out at the checkout counter for $99.71

Just think how much it could have been otherwise!

Did you remember to pick up some edamame, too?

How about a set for playing the game of Go?
[Image: hf20doq5.jpg]
If you didn't get that last one, we can use mine (if you ever visit Honduras, that is).
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Asian Market by bjcotton (Sharon and I just go...)
We had a new one open in our Asia town that my daughter and I visited recently. I think we must have been in there for about 2 hours, as there was so much to look at! We were very impressed with how fresh the seafood was also. It amazes me that the prices are so much more reasonable than our grocery stores.

Be sure to tell us all about your cooking adventures this week and post some pictures. (Try to get a pic of those cute doggies) Have fun!

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Asian Market by Mare749 (We had a new one ope...)
I kept telling Sharon, we'd better leave, we'd better leave. Not that there wasn't more I wanted to see, but I was really tempted to go back and get another cleaver or two.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Asian Market by bjcotton (I kept telling Sharo...)
I had the same trouble in that store, Billy! What a fun place. Tacoma has a similar (not quite as large) Asian store that I have the same trouble in.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Asian Market by bjcotton (I kept telling Sharo...)
We had the fillet "million" last night for dinner. OMG! This was a beautiful piece of meat; tender, lean, buttery, and so beautiful - should have taken pix. Pooo. I may consider buying a lot of our meat there - the prices are amazing. $5.99 a pound for fillet?????!!!!!!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Asian Market by Harborwitch (We had the fillet "m...)
What a wonderful BEEF WELLINGTON (or PORK) that would make---- Lucky guys, you are!!!! Those are really great prices too----I would go insane in a place like that!!!! CAN'T WAIT!!!! Who wants to come along???
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy