Truffle Popcorn
  Re: (...)
This is one of the most decadent 'goodies' I think I've ever eaten. I'd heard about this, but had never done it before - tried it this a.m. and I can't think of a more fun things to knock guests socks off than starting the evening with 'popcorn'....

We just made a small portion to try it, so don't have exact quantities for a large group -

1/4 cup popcorn
salt
2 tsp. truffle oil

Pour popcorn in a heavy pot and add just enough vegetable oil to lightly coat the kernals - be very stingy with the oil.

Pop the corn and pour into a bowl. Sprinkle the salt and truffle oil over the popcorn and toss to mix together.

And it's great served with Champagne!!

I think I'm going to be serving this all winter at get togethers - no one expects anything like this.

So that's party idea number two...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Truffle Popcorn by cjs (This is one of the m...)
That sounds decadent! A little truffle salt perhaps????
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Truffle Popcorn by Harborwitch (That sounds decadent...)
Oh *****!!! I have black truffle salt too!! O.K., Roy just said, how about this afternoon - another batch at wine time!!!

Good idea, Sharon!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Truffle Popcorn by cjs (Oh SH!T!!! I have bl...)
What an interesting twist that is!!!!! Nice idea----will try for sure
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Truffle Popcorn by Roxanne 21 (What an interesting ...)
Oh my goodness! I want to live at your house, Jean! Truffle popcorn and champagne for breakfast, wine time in the afternoon. You guys sure know how to live out there.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Truffle Popcorn by Mare749 (Oh my goodness! I w...)
Ya but...look how many years it took to get here...
www.achefsjourney.com
hmmmm...I have mushroom truffle salt. Thanks, Jean.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
Truffle Popcorn sounds sinfully wonderful. Now here is a confession... <<<whisper>>> I have never had truffle oil or truffles.>>> Silly, huh, but true. I am going to make it my goal that in 2008 I will have truffles and truffle oil. I will have to do some research.

I had to call my mom and tell her about this. I told her about Red Bread too. Actually, I tell her what you say all the time

Anyway, thanks again Jean. THIS is one I will definitely try, and soon. Okay, any tips on where to buy truffles or truffle oil?
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Truffle Popcorn by luvnit (Truffle Popcorn soun...)
This does sound really good. I'll have to see if I can find any truffle oil here. I know one store that has things like hazelnut oil, etc., so that will be the place to look.

Of course, although it would be nothing like the truffle oil, I like to eat fresh popcorn by dredging it in peanut butter. I've even dipped it into a mixture of melted peanut butter and white chocolate.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Truffle Popcorn by labradors (This does sound real...)
Quote:

I've even dipped it into a mixture of melted peanut butter and white chocolate.

My mom makes something like this, adding rice chex and peanuts. She says it's "White Trash" Good, though!

PJ
PJ