New Issue Side Dishes- with Photos!
  Re: (...)
These I have to try:

[Image: R048_013_R01.jpg] Green Bean Casserole with Onion Rings!! Not your ordinary French Fried Onions, but homemade ones! Plus they add bacon and a cream cheese/herb mixture. (What no can of cream of mushroom soup )

[Image: R029_019_R01.jpg] Horseradish Mashed Potatoes
These remind me of a wasabi mashed I made fairly recently. Very delicious. But they add 1 1/4 cups apple cider vinegar. Hmmmm... I wonder how that would taste?

[Image: R036_023_R01.jpg] Blue Cheese, Pear, and Pecan Salad with Warm Bacon Dressing

This too is right up my alley. I guess all food is...

And Roxanne mentioned the cover photo... here it is!
What a masterpiece!

[Image: cat66-cover.jpg]
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: New Issue Side Dishes- with Photos! by luvnit (These I have to try:...)
"Green Bean Casserole with Onion Rings!!"

The perfect take on a Thanksgiving favourite!!!! I haven't seen it here it, so don't feel too badly, Rox! Will keep my eyes peeled!!!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: New Issue Side Dishes- with Photos! by Lorraine ("Green Bean Casserol...)
I haven't seen it yet either - sounds like a good issue.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: New Issue Side Dishes- with Photos! by cjs (I haven't seen it ye...)
Those sides sound VERY familiar!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: New Issue Side Dishes- with Photos! by luvnit (These I have to try:...)
Those green beans sure do look good, I'm pretty much a green bean purist but the idea of fresh onion rings might make me a convert.

Laura, that's a lot of vinegar, I agree. If I were to do this, I'd start off slowly (or wait for someone else to experiment)

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: New Issue Side Dishes- with Photos! by pjcooks (Those green beans su...)
"(or wait for someone else to experiment)" - cluck, cluck, cluck...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: New Issue Side Dishes- with Photos! by cjs ("(or wait for someon...)
Roxanne, those side dishes look familiar because they are. The green bean casserole with real onion rings are in the first issue that I got. I think it is issue 47. And I think I have seen the other two also but I am not sure what issue they are in.
  Re: Re: New Issue Side Dishes- with Photos! by pjcooks (Those green beans su...)
Sounds like Jean is challenging you to be the one to try it first...
Laura
  Re: Re: New Issue Side Dishes- with Photos! by luvnit (Sounds like Jean is ...)
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: New Issue Side Dishes- with Photos! by coco hernandez (Roxanne, those side ...)
Do you think they are repeating recipes???

That would be aweful. I will have to look at this issue. I beleive I have it too. Let me get back to you.
Laura