Review Cajun Chicken Stroganoff
  Re: (...)
From Weeknight Menus Vol II -
I made this for dinner last night and it was yummy. My hubby really enjoyed it. And it was very easy and I had most things on hand. A couple of notes:

I did not have Kielbasa - and I didn't want to wait to make it - so made it with out. I will try it with the Kielbasa another time, but we sure didn't miss it. It was great just with chicken and mushrooms. I didn't even up the mushrooms or chicken to compensate and thought it was plenty meaty. Although you could never have too many mushrooms - I just only had 8 oz - and I used Crimini instead of button mushrooms.

I did notice a slight bitter taste that I thought might have been from the paprika. But I only had plain jane spanish Paprika from McCormicks. I think a sweet hungarian or a smoked would be very good - Smoked might make up for the missing kielbasa. It was only 1/2 a tsp, but there still was a slight bitter edge to it.

A definate keeper!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Review Cajun Chicken Stroganoff by esgunn (From Weeknight Menus...)
Here's another one that sneaked by me - I don't remember seeing it, but I'm on my way to look it over!! I'm sure glad you guys are posting these that you try. (keeps the rest of us on our toes!)

oh my, that looks good!! Did you make the tomato salad, Erin? that looks good also.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Review Cajun Chicken Stroganoff by cjs (Here's another one t...)
Great review---I think my issue has almost landed in the clearing area---should be able to comment next week.

Kielbasa---can one sub a chorizo? I just received an authentic Spanish chorizo from one of my recent dinner guests----I was thinking Paella but maybe I could try in this recipe?? What do y'all think?
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Review Cajun Chicken Stroganoff by Roxanne 21 (Great review---I thi...)
I say, why not?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com