Calling Denise!!!
  Re: (...)
Remember this item from your "days of working with Wolfgang" at the Academy Awards?????

"Mini Prime Cheeseburgers with Remoulade and Aged Cheddar"

They sounded so good - I have remoulade left over from the other day and I happened to think of these. So, probably will have for dinner tonite.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Calling Denise!!! by cjs (Remember this item f...)
Lol oh those were so good!

I got invited to go back this year but unfortunately couldn't get the time off work. Let me know how they come out
  Re: Re: Calling Denise!!! by DFen911 (Lol oh those were so...)
Oh, and you're so blase about it this year...

oh my, that makes a great burger - Keller's remoulade is probably the best one I've tasted also.

CELERIAC REMOULADE

Remoulade:
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup crème fraiche
2 T. minced cornichons
2 T. minced drained nonpareil capers -- preferably Spanish
2 1/4 tsp. Dijon
1 T. cider vinegar -- (about)
2 tsp. minced Italian parsley
2 tsp. minced tarragon
2 tsp minced chervil
2 tsp. minced chives
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper

For the remoulade: stir the mayo and crème fraiche together in a small bowl.
Squeeze any excess moisture from the cornichons and capers and stir them into the mixture.
Add the mustard, vinegar, and herbs. Season to taste with salt & pepper.

Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or up to 3 days, to allow the flavors of the remoulade to develop.

A Thomas Keller recipe from his book "Bouchon"

Description:
"This is a part of Salad Three Ways offering."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

and with the aged cheddar - it was a wonderful combination.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Calling Denise!!! by cjs (Oh, and you're so bl...)
I've been looking for a good remoulade for a long time, and this seems to fit the bill. Thanks, Jean!

Are you very disappointed, Denise? It's a shame you can't get the time off work, but between your two jobs, finding the time could be tricky. The silver lining-they asked you back!!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Calling Denise!!! by pjcooks (I've been looking fo...)
Actually I wasn't too disappointed since I already got to do it. What's been a real boon thus far was the last big dinner party I did seem to have made an impact. I've gotten 5 more party bookings from it. I'm so excited!

Let the holiday frenzy begin
  Re: Re: Calling Denise!!! by DFen911 (Actually I wasn't to...)
"I've gotten 5 more party bookings from it." that's wonderful, Denise!

PJ, I really like this particular remoulade but...the classic really should have anchovies included, so I think I'll play with it next time and see if I still like it as well. If not, the anchovies will just be ditched.
www.achefsjourney.com
" A Thomas Keller recipe from his book "Bouchon" "

Bringing this one back to the top. I ordered this book for him for Christmas. Unfortunately, I forgot to tell him not to open it. Fortunately for me, I got to look at it last weekend! The recipes look fabulous. Thanks for mentioning it, Jean!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
What is cornichons??

This Remoulade sounds great! I love capers too. I'm gonna have to make some burgers too!

How to the stars stay so skinny???
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Calling Denise!!! by luvnit (What is cornichons??...)
Quote:

What is cornichons??

Gherkins.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Calling Denise!!! by luvnit (What is cornichons??...)
Laura, from my handy dandy FLC - AND, in the Bouchon book there is even a recipe for making cornichons!!

"cornichon is French for 'gherkin,' cornichons are crisp, tart pickles made from tiny gherkin cucumbers. They're a traditional accompaniment to pates as well as smoked meats and fish."

Most larger grocery stores will carry them - personally I would not try to sub another pickle, I'd look for them as they do have a distintive flavor.

Oh Lorraine, I've gotten so many party ideas from Bouchons - and of course, we had dinner there one night a year or so ago - one of the greatest food events in MY life.
That's when I first had Sweetbreads.

Also, the wine maker's dinner I did a month or so ago, I got the Salad three ways from his book - I'll have to (or you can mention) mention these to Gil, they were so great - Roasted Beet Salad, of course the celeriac, and the chickpea and carrot.

I could go on and on about his two books I have - Lorraine, will you please hurry up and get married and then we'll do Bouchon's as our "monthly book" to cook out of. He has so many just wonderful easy dishes with just the slightest tweeking that takes it over the top.

Grilled ham & cheese sandwich with a fried egg & Mornay sauce
Dungeness crab salad with cavaillon melon & citrus vin.
I'll stop!

(can you tell I love that book?)
www.achefsjourney.com