Jam
  Re: (...)
The jam marathon has begun! In the first two hours this morning we made 3 batches of raspberry and 3 batches of blackberry raspberry. Lunch is over and we are going back at it. Just how many batches can we make?

Total we will make these varieties:
Rapberry
Blackberry
Marrionberry
Boysennberry
Raspberry Huckelberry
Blackberry Raspberry
And with leftovers a Razzelberry - mixed berry that usually also has some blueberry in it, as well as the above. Just depends.

Past years we have made 400+ jars - last year probably only 200, not as many berries this year, so we will see how many we end up with.

And no, we don't eat all that jam - we give it away as christmas gifts for friends and family.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Jam by esgunn (The jam marathon has...)
I have to hand it to you, Erin, you're one ambitious lady! Nice days work, it's so gratifying to see all your efforts lined up in neat little jars!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Jam by pjcooks (I have to hand it to...)
Erin, I don't know where you find all your energy, but that's just fantastic! All of those jams sound wonderful and there is nothing better than a jar of homemade jam as a gift. It's always better than anything store bought.

Great job. I'll bet your boys just love that jam on toast and waffles. Yum!

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Jam by Mare749 (Erin, I don't know w...)
Nothing like seeing those little jars of goodies lined up!!

Oh, I remember those days of jam/jelly making....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Jam by cjs (Nothing like seeing ...)
OKAY---and here is my address!!!! That little FEDEX man is on his way!!!

FRESH BERRIES (enough, that is) To make jams/jellies----how lucky are you!!!

You are incredible, Erin----must be nice to be that young and energetic!!!! GEESH----those days are WAYYYYYY in the past but remembered!!

Good on ya, girl----how 'bout a rest???
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy