The Wine Maker's Dinner
  Re: (...)
Total success! We were all so pleased with the menu and the food. Even by the 7th course, the cheese plates, the dishes were coming back clean. Good bonus to the night, the hostess asked if I would do her daughter's wedding reception...had to tell her I'd get back to her, but I'm just not set up to do something on that scale anymore. (it was nice to be asked)

So many wanted to know how to do the Truffle Popcorn - definite hit! This old body is going to take it easy today...

Camaraderie matched some wonderful wines with the foods. Left my copy of the finished menu behind, so can't say what they all were. The Cab vertical tasting was their '01, '02 & '03 - all wonderful. and great with the Lamb shanks.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: The Wine Maker's Dinner by cjs (Total success! We we...)
Jean it sounds like the evening was a huge SUCCESS! Take it easy today. How flattering that she asked to do her daughter's wedding. I am sure that made you feel great.

When you have a moment go to this website:
http://www.jonasson.org/maps/

This is the website of the guy that made Google Earth and Virtual Earth. Well anyway, at this site you can find your address by satelite and it will zoom down and show you a satelite picture of where you live.

You can even type in something like Hoover Dam and it will take you via satelite right there.

I looked up Straits of Juan De Fuca last night, well acutally, Port Angeles and it zoomed right there. Interesting neighborhoods and alleyways. But if you are curious, check it out. You can type in your exact address and it will zoom right in on your house!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
Jean, Sounds great! I am so glad it turned out well! Too bad about the wedding reception - maybe not - what a lot of work. But so rewarding to have been asked!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
Oh Jean, how wonderful!!! I'm so glad it went well.

We had Billy's Oregon Pinot Noir with the lamb shanks - it was wonderful, but I can imagine that the cab flight would have been to die for!

Congratulations!!!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
Congratulations on another fine job, Jean! This must have been so much fun for you.

I hope you took lots of pics and can upload them soon, can't wait to see hhow it all looked!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: The Wine Maker's Dinner by pjcooks (Congratulations on a...)
Didn't expect anything less than GREAT, Jean!!! Good on ya girl!!!!

Now, how big a do is that wedding reception???

Put your feet up, relax with a nice glass of your favorite wine and maybe .......????

That retirement thang is a'callin' You know best what that body is saying----listen!!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: The Wine Maker's Dinner by Roxanne 21 (Didn't expect anythi...)
Thanks friends - what a great support system you are. It really was fun. I won't post all the ins and outs here, but I'll make a blog out of it instead. Maybe tomorrow.....as Scarlet would say.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: The Wine Maker's Dinner by cjs (Thanks friends - wha...)
I'm glad it all turned out well, Jean. Looking forward to seeing your pics, too. How nice that you can pick and choose the events you want to cook for now. It has to be a lot more fun that way. As for wedding receptions, maybe you could get Denise to come up and help you with that one!
Wish I lived closer, I would help.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: The Wine Maker's Dinner by Mare749 (I'm glad it all turn...)
Oh my, wouldn't that be a hoot?
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: The Wine Maker's Dinner by cjs (Oh my, wouldn't that...)
When's the wedding??? Hmmmmm, maybe Billy and I could come help.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!