Southern California
  Re: (...)
Best thoughts coming to you all in Southern Cal---keep well and stay safe!!!

The coverage here is devastating to observe---I can't imagine having to deal with it!!!

Let us know how you are if and when you hav a chance.

Roxanne
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Southern California by Roxanne 21 (Best thoughts coming...)
Thanks for posting this Roxanne. You must have been reading my mind as I was thinking the same thing this morning while watching the news. Hope everyone is safe and gets out okay.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Southern California by Mare749 (Thanks for posting t...)
700 homes! Just can't believe this.

Denise is in the area and so is "SDcook" not sure of her name.

Hey there Maryann - is your pooch trying to get to my puppy or my Noilly Prat??????
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Southern California by cjs (700 homes! Just can'...)
He just can't decide which one would be more fun, Jean!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Southern California by Mare749 (He just can't decide...)
The fires are really bad. We were on standby for evacuationy yesterday for a few hours but the wind shifted. Good for me, bad for the mountain folks.

Right now the mountain communities are being very hard hit. My husband's old stompin grounds are in flames right now. We're hoping his childhood home isn't one of the victims.

Our skys are brown and heavy with smoke. We're all coughing and sneezing and the ash slowly falls to the ground.

4 years ago this week we had the old fire. That one wiped out over 1/2 my area. Seeing and smelling this brings all that fear right back.

I will try and keep you all posted.
  Re: Re: Southern California by DFen911 (The fires are really...)
With those darn winds Denise, we are not going to stop worrying about you, so yes, do keep us posted as you can!! Stay safe, sweetie!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Southern California by cjs (With those damn wind...)
Ditto!

It is so horrible to watch - the devastation and the heartbreak. We're praying for the winds to die down and for your safety!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Southern California by Roxanne 21 (Best thoughts coming...)
I saw it on the news last night, and it's absolutely devastating. My heart goes out to you. Stay safe!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Southern California by Lorraine (I saw it on the news...)
Denise-----my thoughts are wih you---nice to hear from you and at least that is a positive!!!!! Please keep us posted!!!!

Son Greg is in San Diego----haven't heard a word from him in 48 hours!!!! I am sure he is okay but a little worried!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Southern California by Roxanne 21 (Denise-----my though...)
Hubby just got called into work. He works for the Calif. Hwy Patrol.

They have now closed and done mandatory evacuations on Cal State San Bernardino. Which is odd since they don't really have any wood structures to burn.

So far we look to be ok. My clothes all stink and it's going to take a lot of airing out to get the smell out of the furniture. But it sure beats the alternative.