Shrimp Parm from the new issue
  Re: (...)

I made this last night for myself, knowing I could never get Picky to 1) eat pasta, 2) shrimp anyway other than cocktail or fried and 3) tomato sauce and cheese. Actually, I tend to avoid seafood and tomato sauces but this just sounded so darn good. (Thank you, Bill)

I loved almost everything about this but I don’t think the fried mozz was a good addition.. I will leave it out altogether next time. Unusual for me since I generally love everything fried, but I didn’t finish the mozz. I was enjoying the fresh tomato sauce too much to want to muck it up, so to speak. I did compensate, however, by keeping the microplane and the Reg Parm close by

A winner, for sure, added the recommended amount of pepper flakes (another unusual for me) but I thought it was practically perfect.

[Image: DSCN0557-1.jpg]

PJ
PJ
  Re: Shrimp Parm from the new issue by pjcooks ([br][br] I made this...)
hmmmm, that's too bad, that just looked so decadent and good. Maybe when I try the dish I'll do one 'pattie' just to see... the picture is great!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Quote:

... but I didn’t finish the mozz. I was enjoying the fresh tomato sauce too much to want to muck it up, so to speak.

PJ, where were you having problems? Was it because of the mozzarella oozing and melting all over everything? If this was the problem, try freezing the mozzarella after cutting it to sizes/pieces you are aiming for. Then, when you toss the moz in the hot oil to fry, it maintains it shape. Perhaps this helps??
Vive Bene! Spesso L'Amore! Di Risata Molto!

Buon Appetito!

Linda
I had high hopes for this recipe. I love mozzarella, especially fried and especially fresh, but I have never had fresh fried mozzarella. It looked so divine. And I love panko bread crumbs. They are sinfully delicious.

What it the flavor? or lack of flavor?

What could be done to make it better?
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Shrimp Parm from the new issue by luvnit (I had high hopes for...)
Well, everyone, it just might have been the mood I was in. I didn't have any problems with the mozzerella oozing or leaking, it fried up nicely. I was using Crisco veg oil, now that I think about it, I should have taken the 30 seconds to walk downstairs and grab the peanut oil, it seems to fry much cleaner. I may have underseasoned the mozz a bit (as I usually do) figuring I can season later if necessary. (which I didn't)

So perhaps that all contributed, even without, it was very good. If any of you try this, let me know how you like it! My shrimp were sooo good, and I found some gorgeous, sweet Campari tomatoes. And let's not forget the Parm!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Shrimp Parm from the new issue by pjcooks (Well, everyone, it j...)
Well your photo is simply lovely and I appreciate you sharing your thoughts. I will be a help to me when I make it. Thank you.
Laura
  Re: Re: Shrimp Parm from the new issue by luvnit (Well your photo is s...)
We are in Houston until Friday but this looks like a weekend dinner to me!! Thanks for reporting on it!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
How in the world did we miss this one? Luckily I was running around in the "who's online" and saw somebody named "Anon Y Mous" checking it out.

That looks fabulous! I could almost smell it. Marilee has a subscription to CAH so maybe I can find it.

I saw "thanks Bill" and thought, "Oh no, not another recipe I don't remember." Then the relief poured in Bill = Old Bay
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Shrimp Parm from the new issue by bjcotton (How in the world did...)
And I totally missed this one as well----GEESH!!! Sure sounds good---now to go scrambling for that darn recipe!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Shrimp Parm from the new issue by bjcotton (How in the world did...)
Oh Billy and Roxanne, I did make this and it was WONDERFUL! That mozzarella was so delicious, you will not be disappointed. I know there was another short thread about the onde I made. Don't remember if I had photos, I don't remember.

This one was good though. Worth the effort for sure.
Laura