What's For Dinner - Wednesday?
  Re: (...)
Shall we keep this winner thread going? The only problem is - you guys end up changing my plans darn near every day!

I still haven't made the pot pie - pizza + wonderful weather + Lorraine's Bananas + more wonderful weather + grilled corn on cob for an appy - called out to us!!

I finally put the chicken back in the freezer.

I'm not even thinking of tonight until you all check in.....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's For Dinner - Wednesday? by cjs (Shall we keep this w...)
" Shall we keep this winner thread going? "

You bet!!!!

I had lots of time after work yesterday, so made you Provencale Short Ribs for tonight. Probably have mashed with it. Swiss chard for me ( will the garden never stop producing???), don't know what veg he'll get. I'll stop for some good bread and make a salad.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner - Wednesday? by Lorraine (" Shall we keep thi...)
Spaghetti and meatballs tonight!

I still have to go out and get some stuff for a salad. But, that's what we are havingSmile
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner - Wednesday? by luvnit (Spaghetti and meatba...)
Flash seared Ahi tuna steak with a decent rice pilaf and steamed corn with sweet bell pepper chop in it.

Wednesdays are when the new seafood comes into the fish store. At least Wednesday you can count that it is fresh, this many miles from the coast, you don't buy seafood on Mondays, ever, and Tuesday you are getting what did not sell Monday.... yeck
Chef de Cuisine
The Cowboy and The Rose Catering

USMC Sgt 1979-1985
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner - Wednesday? by bbally (Flash seared Ahi tun...)
Since I'm serving dinner guests:
Pork tenderloin in red wine sauce topped with gorgonzola (cooking light)
Honey-roasted applesauce (michael chiarello)
Roasted potatoes (cooking light)
Garlickly Lemon Broccoli (cooking light)
No-knead bread
-jenni

"One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well." Virginia Woolf
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner - Wednesday? by jenni (Since I'm serving di...)
"Honey-roasted applesauce (michael chiarello)"

Jenni, would you mind posting this recipe?? sounds interesting!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner - Wednesday? by cjs ("Honey-roasted apple...)
Bob is getting leftover stuffed cabbage! I am getting chicken broth (perhaps infused with lemongrass & ginger) at 3pm with pineapple or peach jello for dessert - then I will have my evening cocktail of trilyte - 4 liters worth at 1 glass every 15 minutes until gone. Urp. Then I will be in the reading room for the evening!

More than likely I'll be off the boards tomorrow! I have a "grand adventure" planned for around lunch time, then I will be looking for FOOD!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: What's For Dinner - Wednesday? by cjs (Shall we keep this w...)
I'm attempting Bob's Green chile with pork - except that it will be from the end of a pork loin instead of leftover roast. Have an assortment of green chiles to roast and add - not even sure the names of all of them! Serving it with cornbread and a lettuce salad.
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner - Wednesday? by HomeCulinarian (I'm attempting Bob's...)
You all are doing it to me again....
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner - Wednesday? by cjs ("Honey-roasted apple...)
Wow, that sounds good. Thanks, Jenni!

[url=http://www.napastyle.com/catalog/search.cmd?form_state=searchForm&keyword="honey+roasted+applesauce"]Applesauce[/url]
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.