Cheese
  Re: (...)
I was in Costco the other day and they were demonstrating this cheese.

It is Crandale - Wessleydale cheese with sweetened dried creanberries. Brand is Ilchester Ceese Co. LTD.

I have to admit I am not very adventuresome in cheese - I love good cheese, but am always afraid to branch out - risk putting out the $$ for cheese I am not going to like. This was very good and the kids loved it. Sure would be nice for all the holidays and partying coming up - that is if I don't just sit and eat it all myself!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Cheese by esgunn (I was in Costco the ...)
Erin, I bought a few of them. One that was really good had dried blueberries in it. My cheese store should start carrying them soon, I normally see them at Christmastime. They sure went quickly on a cheese platter!! But, they are expensive.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Cheese by Lorraine (Erin, I bought a few...)
Erin, I buy so much cheese, it's hard to say which we love 'testing' more - wine or cheese. But, don't know if I've ever gotten this one or not. Copied for the next trip to Costco. thanks!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Cheese by esgunn (I was in Costco the ...)
Sounds like a wonderful addition to the Thanksgiving cheese platter, Erin. Thanks for the heads up, I'll have to get myself to a costco (I'm not even sure we have one here, need to check that out)

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Cheese by pjcooks (Sounds like a wonder...)
My favourites (in order):
  1. Manchego - Absolutely WONDERFUL, sheep's-milk cheese from La Mancha, Spain. By far, my favourite.
  2. Chèvre - Soft goat cheese. I'll crumble this on top of almost anything.
  3. Emmentaler - A Swiss cheese, but the Danish version is very good, too. Interesting that I should like this and Maasdam, since I'm not a big fan of Swiss cheese, in general.
  4. Maasdam - A Dutch-made Swiss cheese, very similar to Emmentaler, but a little softer.
  5. Havarti - There aren't enough Os in smoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooth to describe it.
  6. Gouda (regular or smoked) - Of course, I especially like the smoked Gouda on pizzas, as you may have noticed in another message of mine.
  7. Cabot's Chipotle Cheddar - First got this in Sam's Club, when I was in the States. When I saw another brand's chipotle cheddar here, I tried it, and it was terrible. The Cabot's is the only way to go, but then they are known for very good quality, anyway.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?