New Recipe Book Alert!
  Re: (...)
Picked up a little book yesterday that is just wonderful!

Bite Size by Francois Payard, of Payard Patisserie & Bistro in New York.

It's a small book, but it's all amuse-bouche (one-bite) recipes and ideas.

Just to tease you -
Monkfiish Mousse with Tomato Gelee and Salsa
or
Hazelut-Crusted Scallops with Pear Puree
or
Beef Carpaccio with Spinach and Anchovy Butter
or

I can't figure out what to make first! I got it at Safeway here in town, so haven't looked if it can be gotten used on Amazon or not. Fun book.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: New Recipe Book Alert! by cjs (Picked up a little b...)
Looks great! Amazon doesn't have any sample pages, but Barnes & Noble does, and Fabulous Foods has a few sample recipes, including the cheese puffs that are on the cover. Thanks for the book tip!

If you're really feeling ambitious, you may also enjoy Sweet Miniatures by Flo Braker. So far, I haven't felt ambitious enough to try anything from it - mostly because so many things are difficult to get here, but it really is a wonderful book.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: New Recipe Book Alert! by cjs (Picked up a little b...)
Thanks, Jean, another book is just what I need! I've been looking at one by Govind Armstrong, but have resisted so far.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: New Recipe Book Alert! by Lorraine (Thanks, Jean, anothe...)
I know, I know Lorraine....could not resist.

"Sweet Miniatures by Flo Braker. " - Lab, you must be one of the few folks around here who doesn't know how I feel about pastry/baking/desserts....I just dislike doing them. But, I'll bet a lot of others will be on this book.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: New Recipe Book Alert! by cjs (I know, I know Lorra...)
Quote:

... you must be one of the few folks around here who doesn't know how I feel about pastry/baking/desserts...

Oops! Actually, just forgot. Sometimes hard to keep certain likes and dislikes straight among the users of several forum sites.

As Maxwell Smart would say (and I can imitate the voice for this one): "Sorry 'bout that, Chief."
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: New Recipe Book Alert! by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I think both of these books are worth looking at. I don't have much creativity at work (set catering menus) and as a result, I've been doing more of this kind of stuff when I have company.

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll keep my eyes open!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: New Recipe Book Alert! by pjcooks (I think both of thes...)
GEESH---JUST what I need---TWO MORE BOOKS???? Keep me away from Amazon---I must resist, I must resist, I MUST RESIST!!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy