Chicken Francese Review
  Re: (...)
I know there was another review on this recipe a while back but my "search" didn't find (AGAIN!!!!).

What a wonderful tasty easy dish----Peter was very complimentary and will definitely be made again. The only changes I would make next time---NONE!!

For those that may want to prepare this delight---be sure that the saute pan and oil are fairly hot otherwise the chicken will stick---I have the tendency to heat the pans a little lower than instructed and most of the time will get away with it but not this time.

And the asparagus side was easy and perfectly cooked---we have really nice asparagus in the markets---one of our favorite veggies!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Chicken Francese Review by Roxanne 21 (I know there was ano...)
That sure looks good! (it's in the Volume #2 of Weeknight meals) Will try it as is first, but it sure looks like a few capers would be good too....

Years ago I used to do a lemon reduction finished with butter that I used over asparagus that we just loved. yum, will certainly do this one.

For those who have trouble with meat/poultry sticking, be sure to do as Roxanne suggests, have the skillet at the correct temperature - but also, once you lay the chicken (or whatever) in the pan, don't try to move it. Let it cook and it will tell you when it's ready to release.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Chicken Francese Review by cjs (That sure looks good...)
Just made this - finally ( ) last night and I sure agree with Roxanne, it's delicious! The only thing I did different is we prefer oven roasted asparagus.Then drizzled a little of the pan juice over. It's in Weeknight Menus #2.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Chicken Francese Review by cjs (Just made this - fin...)
What does the chicken say when it's ready to move? I know you told me this before and I do it now with meats. I just nudge it now and if it moves it's ready.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Chicken Francese Review by bjcotton (What does the chicke...)
Quote:

What does the chicken say when it's ready to move?

"Time to cross the road."
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Chicken Francese Review by cjs (That sure looks good...)
Has this one been posted? I evidently don't have that issue. Poo!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Chicken Francese Review by Harborwitch (Has this one been po...)
I know Sharon. I don't have this one yet either. Maybe some nice person will come along and help us out. It sure does sound good, doesn't it. Peter is a pretty good gauge...kinda like "Mikey, he likes it!" from the commercial years ago....LOL!

HEY WAIT A MINUTE! How is it that Roxanne has an issue BEFORE us?!?!?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Chicken Francese Review by Gourmet_Mom (I know Sharon. I do...)
I think it's a weeknight cookbook - I looked through the couple I have but it's not in either one. Poooo and double poooo!
  Re: Re: Chicken Francese Review by Harborwitch (I think it's a weekn...)
" (it's in the Volume #2 of Weeknight meals)" - did you guys notice the date of Roxanne's review??????

If you still don't have it I will type it up for ya'all.

The proper name of the book is "Weeknight menus"
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Chicken Francese Review by cjs (" (it's in the Volum...)
DOH! I didn't even notice the date. I don't have that one, and would greatly appreciate the recipe!