Jean I thought you'd get a laugh!
  Re: (...)
Well! At last! We are bottling our wine. We gave up on the "helpers" - Bill's in SoCal with FEMA so we're on our own.

I just came up with a name - Island Escape Red! We'll put a picture of a U-Haul truck on the label!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Jean I thought you'd get a laugh! by Harborwitch (Well! At last! We ...)
Perfect!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Jean I thought you'd get a laugh! by Harborwitch (Well! At last! We ...)
I'm inviting myself to share a bottle, and I'll bring an extra if we need it, and we probably will--come our way and slip thru the canal, give us a call--the Gulf is wonderfull this time of year.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Jean I thought you'd get a laugh! by Old Bay (I'm inviting myself ...)
Bill, a friend of ours is madly in love with the gulf! He says there are the best sunsets in the world there.

We got 4 cases of wine bottled last night - we did the 04 that had been on American oak. The next batch will be a blend of an 05 and the 04 that was on French oak. That was the best combo. Then we'll finish off the 05 and wait for next year to make more. 12 cases of wine total when we get it done. Today I'll have to work on the label design.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!