Shrimp Parmesan w/ Breaded Mozzarella - Review #2
  Re: (...)
Well I had a picture, but it turned out very blurry... Must have been the delicious wine we had with the dinner

My hubby and I really did like this dish. I would give it a 6 out of 10 stars for taste, and a 7 out of 10 stars for the idea. As a check point for ya'all, we had the Molto Manicatti and I would give that recipe 10 stars for taste. I thought that was outstanding!

So this is my personal opinion about this recipe and I would love to hear what others have to say.

I used the Cherry Tomatoes because our grocery store didn't have the Campari. To me the sauce was average, plain, ordinary tomato sauce. Even with a Tablespoon of garlic, it was kinda bland. But is was good and I felt not really the star of this show.

The fried mozzarella was truly a work of art. I... we... really loved it. I was skeptical of this from other comments I had read. I was careful to season it well and used sea salt and fresh ground pepper. I also was skeptical of breading twice in Panko bread crumbs, but that turned out wonderful. I had trouble slicing the fresh mozzarella (any mozzarella slicing tips out there??) I had an 8 oz ball of cheese and was able to cut 6 sliced from it. I fried them all and I am glad I did. Best part of the dish really.

Shrimp is shrimp. Can't really do too much wrong here unless you fall asleep and overcook it. I think it still needed something.

Overall I guess the dish was screaming "Basil! I need basil!" I would put some basil in the sauce AND on the shrimp. I think you could easily substitute a can of diced tomatoes for the fresh and you would never be able to tell the difference. (Now they have Fire Roasted diced)

There you have it.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Shrimp Parmesan w/ Breaded Mozzarella - Review #2 by luvnit (Well I had a picture...)
Quote:

. . . I think you could easily substitute a can of diced tomatoes for the fresh. . .

Yes, that can easily be done!!!

Quote:

. . . and you would never be able to tell the difference.

Ahh, now this is where one begs to differ!!! There is nothing that compares to a fresh tomato -- fresh tomato anything but especially a fresh tomato sauce!!!
Vive Bene! Spesso L'Amore! Di Risata Molto!

Buon Appetito!

Linda
  Re: Re: Shrimp Parmesan w/ Breaded Mozzarella - Review #2 by MUSICMAKER ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
tou·ché
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Shrimp Parmesan w/ Breaded Mozzarella - Review #2 by luvnit (tou·ché [br] [img]/u...)
fresh tomatoes are wonderful in season - if not in season, I go with a good canned.

good review - I have that one marked but haven't done it yet...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com