My Itinerary
  Re: (...)
I'm off to Virgina next Thursday. We were hoping the Inn would be really quiet, and we'd have lots of time to ourselves. Guess again. So far, here's the schedule:

Thursday
7:am, get up, get to the Inn, prep breakfast. When done, get the off site catering luncheon for 100-120 ready and into the vans. Prep lunch. Prep for private wine dinner. (The inn is closed for dinner that night) Check supplies and place orders. Should be home by 10pm.

Friday
Do it all again, except the off site luncheon. Do breakfast, lunch and supper, including Chef Tastings. Also prep for Saturday's on site wedding, and the onsite appetizer party for Sunday. Should be home by 10 or 11.

Saturday
Do it all again, breakfast,lunch, supper, and on site wedding. Prep for Sunday appetizer catering. Should be home by 10.

Sunday
Do it all again, breakfast, brunch, lunch, supper, and on site appetizer party.

Monday
The Inn will be full, so back on site for breakfast for the room guests. If anyone books dinner, we'll be back there again. He may get one of the cooks to do breakfast, but trying to keep kitchen costs down.

During all of this, I need to unpack and organize his kitchen. He left that job for me. What a sweetie. So, I think my plan will be to go grocery shopping when he picks me up from the airport, otherwise, the cupboards will be bare!!! There is one new store I really want to get to. It has sections to it, ie Mexican, where they sell Mexican groceries, clothing, kitchen stuff etc. He says it's a great store. Hope I get there. And Tuesday, I fly back home. My family calls it a "working holiday" the worst is, I'm not a night owl. I'm in bed by 9:30, and up at 5am. Oy!!!!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: My Itinerary by Lorraine (I'm off to Virgina n...)
Sounds hectic and not much like a vacation at all. Are you doing this for a relative?
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: My Itinerary by luvnit (Sounds hectic and no...)
Quote:

Sounds hectic and not much like a vacation at all. Are you doing this for a relative?

He is about to be a close relative!

Good Luck Lorraine, took my wife 22 years to give up on trying to train me!
Chef de Cuisine
The Cowboy and The Rose Catering

USMC Sgt 1979-1985
  Re: Re: My Itinerary by bbally ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Have a great time, Lorraine -

"Sunday
Do it all again, breakfast, brunch, lunch, supper, and on site appetizer party."

Uhhhh, I'm thinking his name will be mud it there isn't more to Sunday than that....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: My Itinerary by cjs ( Have a great time, ...)
LoL Jean, his name will really be mud of they book an event for Monday!!

Bob is right, he's my sweetie If Immigration decides I'm a nice person and let's me in, we'll be married either late 2008 or early 2009. Actually, we'll get married anyway, it would just be so much easier if I can move there and work!!!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: My Itinerary by Lorraine (I'm off to Virgina n...)
GEESH!!!! Are we having fun yet???
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: My Itinerary by Lorraine (LoL Jean, his name ...)
How exciting. I love a good love story

Sounds like I may have missed a good one. Congratuations and best wishes to you Lorraine.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
Quote:

we'll be married either late 2008 or early 2009.

This is going to be a party not to miss! Hardest part will be keeping bride and groom out of the BOH trying to help prepare the appetizers, dinner, and desserts!
Chef de Cuisine
The Cowboy and The Rose Catering

USMC Sgt 1979-1985
Wow, Lorraine! Congrats to you -- on both the wedding and becoming a US Citizen! (Now I know why you asked if I travel to Virginny!!!) This country would be foolish to turn away a gem like you! Good luck to you in all of this!!!
Vive Bene! Spesso L'Amore! Di Risata Molto!

Buon Appetito!

Linda
Quote:

If Immigration decides I'm a nice person and let's me in, we'll be married either late 2008 or early 2009.

Oh Lorraine, that is the coolest news! How could they NOT decide you're a nice person and let you in...They NEED more of you!!
Oh, that is great news! I wondered how you were doing with this long distance romance....none of my business, really, but I couldn't help it!!.....that's wonderful!
Thank goodness for e-mail and forums, and if you move that far, you'll STILL be close!