New Cookbooks
  Re: (...)
I went to the bookstore (used) yesterday and they had stacks and stacks of new/used cookbooks. I picked up Gourmet's America, The Best of Gourmet 2006, and Culinary Arts Institute Encyclopedia Cookbook. The had a couple more The Best of Gourmet for different years, but I figured 3 at one time was enough. That Culinary Arts Institute book has lots and lots of recipes 970 pages with 6 or eight recipes on a page sometimes.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: New Cookbooks by bjcotton (I went to the bookst...)
those will keep you off the streets for a while, Billy! Other than the 'Best of' they don't sound familiar - have fun.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
It's a good thing I haven't found a used book store! We'd have to get another bookcase! Oh, but they are so much fun!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: New Cookbooks by Harborwitch (It's a good thing I ...)
Oh Billy the Best of Gourmet 2006 will drive you insane! You'll start reading and you'll want to instantly cook this...but wait..skip thru a bit and no no you want to cook THAT instead...no there's more over here. So many wonderful recipes.

Re: Re: New Cookbooks by DFen911 (Oh Billy the Best of...)
One can not have enough of books, cookbooks, any kinda book!!!

Good on ya, Billy!!!! Let us know what you decide to create from these tomes and please share??!!??
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
Those sound great! I'd be in trouble if I saw stacks and stacks of used cookbooks!!!

There is actually a Used Cookbook Shop in San Diego. I purposely have NOT been there yet. I have a real problem with wanting to buy too many. I suppose if I just left my CC's and ATM card at home and went in there with 40 dollars- that would be best. One of these days...

I got a cookbook for my birthday from my dear sister:

Kathy Casey's Northwest Table

It looks great!!
Lori
http://www.RecipeGirl.com

"Everything tastes better with wine"
  Re: Re: New Cookbooks by SDRecipeGirl (Those sound great! ...)
off to look up - Kathy Casey's Northwest Table!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com